Thanks DCP!

Thanks to DCP for keeping the 9/11 Tribute. I just watched it for the first time in months and I have got to admit that I shed some tears. Please continue to pray for our country because it is still a dangerous world and there are those who wish to hurt or kill us! Thanks to our military for defending our freedoms (including our ability to have drum corps shows) and our freedom to disagree on stylistic matters! God Bless America and God bless all drum corps people everywhere!

Let us make sure we will never forget why freedom isn't free!

• Like 4

Please join me in offering a prayer of thanksgiving today that the life of my sister Regina was spared when the World Trade Towers were attacked on 9/11. She and her staff were out of her office that day at an off-site meeting. One of her staffers stopped at the office to pick up some materials enroute to the meeting for which he never arrived. It was 4 days wrought with anxiety and waiting until we learned he was ok. Not so were countless dozens of my neighbors, parishioners and friends, including a number of alums of the many small corps in metro-NYC area. Amonst the dead were four of my former students, Michael Cahill, Thomas McMahon, Colin Farrell, and Conor Lynch. Only Thomas' remains were identified to this day. Please keep their families, including Mike's wife and daughter in your prayers.I don't have PTS from that day or the many funerals although the memories of watching the burning towers from the windows of where I was stationed twenty miles away are still vivid.I am praying for peace in Syria and the Middle East as I am certain you are.Thanks.

• Like 9

Where?

The 9/11 Tribute is presented every September 11th, in memory of the tragic events on September 11, 2001. The fact that today is September 13th would explain why it is not featured on the site. We also don't celebrate July 4th on July 7th.

The tribute, for those that would like to view it, may be found here.

The tribute, for those that would like to view it, may be found here.

I'm pretty harden and seldom do I choke up anymore, however, half way into this I shed tears every time.( even after the number of years and viewings) It's a shame the rest of the world can't experience this through our eyes, ears and heritage. One of the finest memorials done. Perfect length....well perfect in every way.

I'm pretty harden and seldom do I choke up anymore, however, half way into this I shed tears every time.( even after the number of years and viewings) It's a shame the rest of the world can't experience this through our eyes, ears and heritage. One of the finest memorials done. Perfect length....well perfect in every way.

Thanks Mike.

I remember George's response to me the first time he saw it all the way through without some of the small fine tuning. I was proud to work with George Dixon to do this. It still hits me too every year. Thanks to DCP.

yup. great job! great John & DCP continue to host it and feature it each year!! :worthy: