NEW FORUM SOFTWARE

JohnD

SERIOUSLY?

As I mentioned in a Facebook post (somewhat in-jest) to someone's (faux) complaint about the site being down during a hardware upgrade ... If you have a complaint, please send a written request for a pro-rated refund of your paid subscription fees. Be sure to include a copy of your original paid receipt. Send your request, in triplicate, to the PO Box listed on the site via registered mail - return receipt requested. We'll give it consideration as time permits.

We are *not* changing to another forum engine. Get over it.

I **HATE** having to be like this - but sometimes the endless whining about trivial nonsense is just enough.

Paging Veruca Salt to the white courtesy phone ....

3 pages of dialog just a few days after a major upgrade. At a mandatory 10-posts/page, that ain't a ton of complaining in my book. And I actually see some people that are simply asking whether a feature is gone or they just can't find where it has moved.

Sorry to be a bother. In the member service area, of all places.

3 pages of dialog just a few days after a major upgrade. At a mandatory 10-posts/page, that ain't a ton of complaining in my book. And I actually see some people that are simply asking whether a feature is gone or they just can't find where it has moved.

Sorry to be a bother. In the member service area, of all places.

although putting it into perspective, seeing only 8-10 out of 32 (now 33) posts asking meaningful feature questions seems like a waste of at least two of your three pages.

I'd like to move beyond the 'shock and awe-shucks' and make it work...my opinion, as a reader.

right clicking in the reply field pops up a 'spell checker options' tag. "check the spelling of text fields' should be checked.....check?

:tounge2:

Right-checked, the spell-checker is checked. Check.

And thanks.

Leets san af et wirks...

(umm...no it didn't catch any of the above. What now oh Swamie?)

although putting it into perspective, seeing only 8-10 out of 32 (now 33) posts asking meaningful feature questions seems like a waste of at least two of your three pages.

I'd like to move beyond the 'shock and awe-shucks' and make it work...my opinion, as a reader.

I was going to "like" but it looks like admins are not a part of the Like Party.

So just replying to say ... that seems completely fair.

Right-checked, the spell-checker is checked. Check.

And thanks.

Leets san af et wirks...

(umm...no it didn't catch any of the above. What now oh Swamie?)

Invision is saying that they have never had a spell checker as part of their editor, rather in-line spell checking is handled by most 'modern' browsers. I can't say with authority, as I've always relied on the spell-check features of my browser.

Invision is saying that they have never had a spell checker as part of their editor, rather in-line spell checking is handled by most 'modern' browsers. I can't say with authority, as I've always relied on the spell-check features of my browser.

what he said.

Using Firefox. Just checked the settings and spell-check is selected "...as I type...".

Oh well, I guess I'll have to use my brain...

:tounge2: