College Marching Band Director Job Available

Hey All,

A friend of mine is on the hiring committee for a college marching band director job. He reached out to me knowing that I might be able to find someone who is interested in the job. This gig is specifically for marching/pep band and is not for someone who wants to teach at a conservatory.

They are looking for someone with a Master's Degree who is a great recruiter (there are scholarships to work with, btw), ambitious, assertive and interested in growing a program.

Please email me directly at sptrix@gmail.com. I do not check this forum often.

Steve Powers

sptrix@gmail.com

Not mentioning what organization is hiring is a sure fire way to get lots of interested applicants. Nt. Actually this is generally an immediate disqualifier.

• Like 3

That college wouldn't happen to be my Alma Mater would it? LSU is in desperate need of a new "Director of Athletic Bands" as the current one is letting that marching band program regress to an unacceptable level!

This is like a top secret mystery!? If you know of anyone that might qualify for this job in an unknown land, email me about them and I will email my friend about your friend. I wonder if salary negotiations will take the same circuitous route? If only this had something to do with DCI we might get to see how it all turns out before the topic is closed.

That college wouldn't happen to be my Alma Mater would it? LSU is in desperate need of a new "Director of Athletic Bands" as the current one is letting that marching band program regress to an unacceptable level!

I always thought LSU had the best marching band in the SEC.

LSU's mistake was playing the 'boys' club' card and hiring some guy OVER Dr. Linda Moorhouse, who should have been made DOB when Frank Wickes retired!

Why be cryptic? I'm guessing it's the college in Charlotte, NC that had it's inaugural College football season in 2013.

Why be cryptic? I'm guessing it's the college in Charlotte, NC that had it's inaugural College football season in 2013.

That's what I figured as well. UNC Charlotte announced in October they are starting a nationwide search for a marching band director to start preparing to field a band in 2015. I remember seeing the article but can't seem to find it.

An email to the OP revealed Iowa Western Community College. I'm not sure why the mystery, but often if you just post the information word spreads more quickly.

http://www.iwcc.edu/About/administration/Human_Resources/employment_info.asp?num=839