Bluecoats 2014

This movement is crazy sick. I'm not allowed to spoil anything, just expect an EXTREMELY hard opener.

Tyondai Braxton's "Uffe's Workshop"

Just listened to the recording on Myspace. It has potential; I suspect I will like the Bluecoats' rendition more than the original.

Both Pieces sound perfect for the Bluecoats. I wonder what the show title or theme could pssibly be with these pieces? After a long cold winter, this little information helps bring the summer a little closer. ANd it doesn't sound like there are any trombones in this piece. hahaha just joking.

Edited by Jast45

First off don't ever disrespect the bluecoats. 2) their show was a lot cleaner than cavies and phantoms show wasn't really that good this year. Let the bluecoats shine for once. Phantom does really similar shows each year and it's getting old. The bluecoats deserve more credit than they ever get and bloo's hornline is better than both of theirs so.....

Awesome

Looks like a disco show

Honestly, as a former pupil of Mr. Thrower, I could give two ##### whether Bluecoats medal or not, because I will love their show and his writing even if the corps finishes 20th. He has surpassed Downey as one of the most proficient composers/arrangers in the activity, and this 'Coats and those kids have been the ideal conduit for his genius.

The corps needs the visual element to catch up to the other two captions for those looking at placements. Again, I'm not so much caring about it. I love the freshness of the corps over the past few years and their innovation, I enjoy the entertainment they have brought me.

If you hate on them , OK, I can respect that - but go isolate yourself in a small room to rage on them - keep the vapid, empty trolling off of here. It does nothing for you but bring you stepchild-like attention.

Thanks.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This just posted:

"In addition to Vienna Teng's "The Hymn of Acxiom" and Tyondai Braxton's "Uffe's Woodshop," the Bluecoats' 2014 program will include Braxton's "Platinum Rows."

Check it out here:

warp.net/records/tyondai-braxton/central-market-listen-to-pivotal-piece-platinum-rows-plus-new-details-of-strictly-limited-180g-audiophile-vinyl-version

Edited by Jast45
  • Like 1