Bluecoats 2014

OK just watched Bloo on FN. WOW, they seriously have one of the coolest shows I've seen. The music is pretty sick, the drill is fantastic! The color scheme just POPS right out at you. I kind of got the same feeling I had when I first started watching drum corps---particularly similar to SCV's 2003 show Pathways, one of my favorite shows ever. Almost nostalgic because it reminds me of my "innocence" to DCI so-to-speak.

Both Pathways and Tilt are both simple concepts and complex at the same time. No need for talking (at least I don't remember Tilt having narration after 2 viewings), just pure conceptual art and music. As you can see, I'm having difficulty articulating just how much I love this show!

This is exactly how I felt tonight.

• Like 1

Hymn of Acxiom ---> ME :babies:

That is all.

Great show for Bluecoats. I predict a 4th place finish behind BD, Cadets and SCV.

Of course haven't seen it live yet, but I think I might be completely falling in love with the music of this show.

This show is really, really good - and has a sense of "something new" - which is always exciting. Love the design and the music.

I'm not sure the guard is contributing enough though. If it wasn't for the orange costuming I think they'd get lost. At this point - they're not adding enough to the overall effect (for me). Case in point - That little "V" pole in the ballad doesn't add anything.

I'm hoping they start layering on the guard work and add impact and color as the season progreses.

But - wow - what a show!!!!!

later,

Mike

I think Crown would like to have some words with you!

Personally I don't see SCV beating this. They are good this year but wow.

Ditto. I actually see Vanguard fighting with Cavaliers for 5th this year. The top four are pretty much set.