Bluecoats 2014

First of all, still getting goosebumps from that, and I've listened to it way too many times since yesterday. I can already hear 2:15 to 2:46, that build there musically is just candy to my ears.

Secondly, does that not sound like a show theme PERFECT for the Bluecoats? Not to mention really cool, it'd be like a dark version of Cavaliers 2006. I'd love to see them tackle a theme like that, could be amazing. VERY excited to see where they go with this.

Absolutely!! The Machine is now a sentient algorithm... And it knows... everything... "Is that wrong? Isn't that what you want?" Edited by charlie1223

Man the way this song is sung and edited, it already sounds almost like I'm listening to a midi file of the show. It has that type of feel and sound to it and it's fantastic and chilling. You can already picture in your head the overtones of the mellophones, the tuba parts, and the leads of the trumpets.

Vienna talks a bit about the story behind THoA here (after playing around a bit with her "robot friends" as she calls them)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3pZaEcdIGo

TL;DR: it's based on an internship she did at a company that had access to the Acxiom marketing database, which creeped her the heck right out.

• Like 1

I am so ###### excited for this year at Bluecoats... They do some amazing things with great pieces of music, and something like this gives me goosebumps just imagining what it's going to sound like on Finals night. Definitely one of those moments I wish I wasn't marching so I could see them in the lot/live.

Dear everything that is holy....this song is going to be epic!!!! I hope Bloo plays this in full for their ballad. Beautiful.

• 1 month later...

This is what I love about the activity.....Bluecoats and Oregon Crusaders announce they will be performing "The Hymn of Acxiom" by Vienna Teng.

I find the tune on ITunes and it's wonderful. I look up the artist because I know nothing about her. I see what "Charlie1223" has posted about the piece being used and I want to know more. I download the album with Hymn of Acxiom on it and the whole album is wonderful.

I listen to it over and over again.

Thank you Bluecoats and Oregon Crusaders. Thank you for being open to someone who many people know nothing about.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 2

I have to admit I must be about the only person not thrilled with this piece. It will be interesting to see what Bluecoats and OC do with it. I really hope I like it more on the field than the original version. It is a nice piece, just a little bland. I was kind of disappointed with Bluecoats show last year. I feel like this is even more of a step back for them. I could easily see them getting passed up by 4 corps they beat last year during finals week. I am pretty sure Cavaliers and Phantom will top them this year, but with what has been announced so far, I would almost bet Boston and Madison pass Bluecoats by the end of the season. I am so looking forward to this season starting.

I have to admit I must be about the only person not thrilled with this piece. It will be interesting to see what Bluecoats and OC do with it. I really hope I like it more on the field than the original version. It is a nice piece, just a little bland. I was kind of disappointed with Bluecoats show last year. I feel like this is even more of a step back for them. I could easily see them getting passed up by 4 corps they beat last year during finals week. I am pretty sure Cavaliers and Phantom will top them this year, but with what has been announced so far, I would almost bet Boston and Madison pass Bluecoats by the end of the season. I am so looking forward to this season starting.

First off don't ever disrespect the bluecoats. 2) their show was a lot cleaner than cavies and phantoms show wasn't really that good this year. Let the bluecoats shine for once. Phantom does really similar shows each year and it's getting old. The bluecoats deserve more credit than they ever get and bloo's hornline is better than both of theirs so.....

• Like 1

First off don't ever disrespect the bluecoats. 2) their show was a lot cleaner than cavies and phantoms show wasn't really that good this year. Let the bluecoats shine for once. Phantom does really similar shows each year and it's getting old. The bluecoats deserve more credit than they ever get and bloo's hornline is better than both of theirs so.....

And how! I'm with you TboneBtonegirl!

• Like 1

MisterA was expressing an opinion without being nasty. Free forum, personal opinions, disagreement et al.

"Don't ever disrespect the bluecoats" - gee, a bit harsher than MisterA's opinion.

I would love to see the Bluecoats take it all. That being said, let others voice their opinion and if it defers from yours, it's just an opinion.