Bluecoats 2014

I myself have predicted Bluecoats in a tie for third. That may be ofermod of me. A more probable guess is that they'll score at least a 92, as they have done for ten years straight.

• Like 1

The Bluecoats' 2013 production was my favorite for a long time. Here's why. The song America by Simon and Garfunkel is about young people leaving the nest and touring the country hitchhiking and by bus. They are looking for America. A national tour, if you will. The protagonist has a crisis he cannot understand and realizes that everybody is looking for America. He is growing up. He was really looking for himself all along, and he has had some kind of epiphany.

So who was the show about?

I can see where you are going with this. One might also argue Phantom and Cavaliers are 2 of the best corps ever. Who would have thought that Phantom would end up 9th in 09 after winning the championship in 08? Who would have thought Cavaliers, who were top 3 through almost the entire decade of the 2000s, would have been fighting for 7th-9th place the last 2 seasons?

Good luck to all the corps in 2014.

Ok, I'll consider you're line of thought.

How about this one?

In 2010, The Cadets finished 5th and went on to win it all in 2011.

In 2013, the Bluecoats finished 5th, and went on to ...??? in 2014

Why not the Bluecoats?

• Like 1

Ok, I'll consider you're line of thought.

How about this one?

In 2010, The Cadets finished 5th and went on to win it all in 2011.

In 2013, the Bluecoats finished 5th, and went on to ...??? in 2014

Why not the Bluecoats?

I think out of all the corps that have as yet to win, Bluecoats have the greatest potential to do so. I'm really looking forward to the changes in their visual program this year.

• Like 1

Why not the Bluecoats, because, no offense meant, they are nowhere near the level Cadets have been over the years. They have placed 3 one time, and do not have the consistency needed yet to win a championship.. Is it possible? Yes.

However, I would put more money on them placing 9th than placing 1st. Last year they barely managed 5th over Phantom. They were NOWHERE near the level of Crown, BD, Cadets and SCV, and other than a couple of times, have also been nowhere near the level of Cavies, or Phantom. They are definitely not a corps that should even be considered for something called the Tour Of Champions.

Anyone wanna put a bet on them placing 7th or lower come August?

Why not the Bluecoats, because, no offense meant, they are nowhere near the level Cadets have been over the years. They have placed 3 one time, and do not have the consistency needed yet to win a championship.. Is it possible? Yes.

However, I would put more money on them placing 9th than placing 1st. Last year they barely managed 5th over Phantom. They were NOWHERE near the level of Crown, BD, Cadets and SCV, and other than a couple of times, have also been nowhere near the level of Cavies, or Phantom. They are definitely not a corps that should even be considered for something called the Tour Of Champions.

Ah. Now we are getting somewhere. Since you didn't really bring much in the way of tangibles here (other than confirming their consistency) and with your word choice above, it sounds like you just don't feel like they deserve it.

Bluecoats at a minimum, have maintained, if not improved over the recent years. You can look at what has happened in Rosemont as a fluke, but there needs to be a fundamental shift there before Cavies rejoin the upper echelon. This wasn't their first down year. And in regards to barely taking 5th over Phantom, coming out on top of Phantom isn't a rarity anymore. Barely or not.

No need to hate on the team from Canton. Root on for your favorites. But it's not the fault of The Bluecoats.

• Like 2

Lol all of this b.s coming from a guy who has a reputation of -54..... Please just shutup and stop your trolling because apparently there are a LOT more people who think that what you have to say is just a bunch of jiberish lol

I'm a human being who's ALSO giving her opinion. Who are you to question me?

I'll just edit out what I wrote. Not worth the battle of wit.

Anyway, maybe the Bluecoats won't peak way too early this year. Oh no, did I disrespect them.

Edited by tesmusic

Lol all of this b.s coming from a guy who has a reputation of -54..... Please just shutup and stop your trolling because apparently there are a LOT more people who think that what you have to say is just a bunch of jiberish lol

If the poster you're referring to is so wrong, then at what point are the Bluecoats going to become elite? Hovering between 5-7 for that long doesn't put them in the same league as Blue Devils, Cadets, or Cavaliers(until recently).

Are you sure that you're not the one spouting off with the gibberish(that's how it's spelled by the way).

lol rofl lmao

No need to hate on the team from Canton. Root on for your favorites. But it's not the fault of The Bluecoats.

So who's fault is it that they can't move further up? Let me guess, the judges. It can't be their show design, no, that's flawless, right?