Bluecoats 2014

If the poster you're referring to is so wrong, then at what point are the Bluecoats going to become elite? Hovering between 5-7 for that long doesn't put them in the same league as Blue Devils, Cadets, or Cavaliers(until recently).

Are you sure that you're not the one spouting off with the gibberish(that's how it's spelled by the way).

lol rofl lmao[/quote

Why are you hating on the bluecoats so hard? Must be something personal...

And sorry but I didn't know that this was an online spelling class. Go troll somewhere else.

hahaha tesmusic, you get cut from Bluecoats, homie? Where did you march?

Lmao! He must've because the dude is hating so hard on them hahah

So who's fault is it that they can't move further up? Let me guess, the judges. It can't be their show design, no, that's flawless, right?

No one said anything about judges. No corps is perfect. Have you even marched or judged? Or are you just one of those old hags who can't let go of the fact that someone likes corps other than BD, cavies, and the cadets? Stop hating on the bluecoats and go practice lol

At no point have I hated on Bluecoats. I would love to see them medal, with a show that deserves it. Maybe they will. But from the replies I am getting, you would think I want them to place 25th at finals.

I will state now that I do not care who wins finals 2014. I just want to see shows that I love. Consistenly over the years, Vanguard and Cavaliers have provided those shows. That is why they have become my 2 favorite corps. That doesn't mean that I feel like they have to win, or should win most years. I have been split the last decade on Cadets, half of their shows I love and find amazing, half I find very annoying, but with a little tweaking, I probably could have loved them as well. I really thought Cadets probably should have won last year.

My negative points come mostly from people who have followed my every post, and made sure to put a negative on every one of them. I am aware of it, and simply don't care. I made comments on these boards how I don't feel like Phantom deserved the championship in 08, with a show that in my opinion, should have placed 3rd, possibly 4th that year. And my other negatives usually stem from my comments on Troopers, and how they managed to make finals in 09, with a show that was 17th at best that year. The judging community is doing nothing more than using the American Idol style of judging to bring in more people, and try to raise the level of excitement among the fans. You can watch it develop all season long, and if you see it enough times, you can almost believe it at the end of the season when something exciting happens. It is what happens, I comment on it, and some people don't like the comments.

I love Bluecoats, and would have rather seen them win a first time championship before Crown did. But even before Bluecoats, I would have rather seen Crossmen win a first time championship. Corps rise and fall, some just spend a lot more time at the top. It just seems that 5 corps, BD, Cadets, Cavies, SCV and Phantom, have usually been the top 5 corps, with others like Madison, Star, and now Crown poking up into the attic. Sure even the top 5 have had off years, but most of the time, they bounce right back up. The G7 thing has also been kind of weird. It is like they feel that they DESERVE to be there year after year, instead of having to earn it. They are basically trying to create the financial situation that they are able to remain where they were 3 years ago. The funny thing is depending on which year the G7 would have started, Bluecoats and Crown probably would not have been in it. Glassmen, Crossmen, and Boston are other corps that have been top 5-7 in the last 10-15 years.

I don't think me not liking one piece of the Bluecoats is going to make them cry. I don't think my opinion of where they are going to place is going to phase them one bit either. Best of luck to them. If they win, congrats, if they place 9th, congrats. Just looking forward to seeing their full show in June.

Why not the Bluecoats, because, no offense meant, they are nowhere near the level Cadets have been over the years. They have placed 3 one time, and do not have the consistency needed yet to win a championship.. Is it possible? Yes.

However, I would put more money on them placing 9th than placing 1st. Last year they barely managed 5th over Phantom. They were NOWHERE near the level of Crown, BD, Cadets and SCV, and other than a couple of times, have also been nowhere near the level of Cavies, or Phantom. They are definitely not a corps that should even be considered for something called the Tour Of Champions.

Anyone wanna put a bet on them placing 7th or lower come August?

MisterA - Nowhere near the level? Not consistent? A 27-time DCI finaliist is not consistent enough for you? Hmm, last 10 years SCV has been a top 6 corps 7 times... Bloo has been top 6 EIGHT times. And, by the way, you failed to mention anything about the corps from Concord.

If you want to masquerade your opinions as objective, please share your true feelings of bias and exactly who you're a homer for - at least I'd give you more credit for that. And, you want to place a bet against them? I would hope no one would be willing to take you up on that because I wouldn't bet against any kid in any corps. Let them work toward perfecting their production and be placed wherever it goes. If you want to bet on something, pick something else.

edited for: Speaking of Tour of Champions, don't forget to mark your calendar for Bloo's TOUR OF CHAMPIONS show in Massillion, OH on August 4th! I'm sure the'd appreciate your patronage - you can bet on that!

IAMABLUECOAT Bloo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

There's a good chance of that happening; the Massillon show generally does very well. It was near to being sold out in 2013 with four of the eight corps having been Finalists the year before (and they all repeated). This year six of the seven corps at Massillon are 2013 Finalists, including the reigning champion, and the non-Finalist is one of your favorites, the Crossmen.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 2

No one said anything about judges. No corps is perfect. Have you even marched or judged? Or are you just one of those old hags who can't let go of the fact that someone likes corps other than BD, cavies, and the cadets? Stop hating on the bluecoats and go practice lol

Hmm. I only see one person acting like a troll on this thread, and I don't think it's who you think it is.

As for Bluecoats, I am super excited to see what they have to bring this year. Thanks to them, I am now a big fan of Vienna Teng. As with another poster here (LincolnV, I think?), they piqued my curiosity about the artist, and I went to check it out. Definitely some great stuff, and I can see it being another huge hornline moment for them, a la "The Boxer" in '08.

Now the Summer just needs to get here!

Hmm. I only see one person acting like a troll on this thread, and I don't think it's who you think it is.

As for Bluecoats, I am super excited to see what they have to bring this year. Thanks to them, I am now a big fan of Vienna Teng. As with another poster here (LincolnV, I think?), they piqued my curiosity about the artist, and I went to check it out. Definitely some great stuff, and I can see it being another huge hornline moment for them, a la "The Boxer" in '08.

Now the Summer just needs to get here!

Ok thats fine :)