Returning Phoenix Trying to March Third Year of Drum Corps

GenBari14

Rodriguez, Jacob

Genesis Drum and Bugle Corps, Baritone Section Leader

Hello! My name is Jacob Rodriguez and I am a high school senior from San Antonio, Texas. I play trombone and baritone for the high school marching band and have been a marching member in the band all four years of high school. During the off season I participated in the indoor percussion ensemble as a cymbal player and helped the group in winning the TECA State Championship for the first time in the school's history.

During the summer following my sophomore year, I was given the life-changing opportunity to become a marching member for Revolution Drum and Bugle Corps, which resided in San Antonio, Texas. In the marching band season following the summer, I was able to use the skills that I acquired from the staff at Revolution to, with the help of my co-section leader, direct our low brass section to win section of the year. After this, I was given the opportunity to march with Genesis Drum and Bugle Corps, where I marched my second year of Drum Corps. During this season, we were able to win 3rd Place and received The Most Improved award along with the director, Chris Magonigal, winning the Best Director in Open Class.

I have been blessed with being able to have so many great experiences with music. I plan to continue on with music this coming summer and so, once again, I am challenged with the task of raising money to participate in the 2014 Drum Corps Season. Other than selling candy at school, there are limited opportunities to do this since I am not only deeply involved in school, but also dedicated to the concert and jazz bands. You can help me continue to learn and keep my dream alive by donating money on my personalized site or on the Genesis website. All support is greatly appreciated and will definitely not be forgotten. All of the funds I receive will go directly to my tour fees.

If you have any questions about donating you can email me at jacobrodriguez175@gmail.com. Thank you for your time and your support.

personal donation website: http://www.gofundme.com/helpJacobmarch

Genesis donation page: http://www.genesisdbc.org/Donate.html