Minnesota Drum Corps

Hi everyone.

I plan on moving to St. Paul around June of 2015, and I'm looking for a corps.

I know that Minnesota Brass is there and the Govenaires aren't too far away.

But I'm looking for a non-competitive 'Alumni' corps. Anyone know of any in that area?

Thank you,

Susan

• Like 1

Check out Marty's Goldenaires ... parade/exhibition corps in Bessemer MI ... not sure how far that is from you ...

:-)

:ninja:

Right now, there aren't any REAL alumni corps in the area, but that doesn't mean there won't be by next summer. Seems to me that most of the majority of the local drum corps alumni just play in local community bands or orchestras. The closest to an "alumni" group is Brio Brass an outfit started by one of MBI's former arrangers, Rick Rueckert. A lot of old MBI alums, along with St. Paul Scouts and a number of local brass players that sit in..They practice every other week through the winter, and play a number of concerts and parades(on a trailer) during the summer. check out their website - www.briobrass.com for more info or to contact them for more info..

MBI does have a Mini Corps ( Minne Brass) that traditionally plays at DCA along with some fundraising opportunities locally for the corps. They do a bit more "competing" in the SDCA circuit in the area. You might be able to reach Todd Tanji via MBI's website.

Good luck!!

Pat

Edited by goalieguy

Thank you.

I'm just starting to look into things out there. But even if corps options are a bit limited, I'm finding a LOT of other possibilities.

After 35 years on contra, maybe I'll try bagpipes. :tounge2:

Sue

If you're looking to just play and not compete, you can always march parades with the Govenaires, we have had several members who only march parades, and aren't part of the competitive corps. A local corps named Chops Inc. had/has several parade groups that march during the summer, but I don't know if those groups will still be present with the return of their competitive field corps. Best bet would be to contact all three corps to see what your options are. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Check out Marty's Goldenaires ... parade/exhibition corps in Bessemer MI ... not sure how far that is from you ...

:-)

SHE wouldn't pass the physical.

• Like 1

Tell me it ain't so Kenny ... not in this day and age ... where's the love????

:grouphug:

Yeah, they are still all male...