We Need To Talk About [CENSORED]...

He should be doing EVERY show. He should record the intro for every corps and just have the files on a soundboard patched into the sound system.

I have made mention of this before, but it would be a much better experience, more consistent from show to show.

Even Saturday Night Live's intros are not actually live anymore. Don Pardo records these from a studio in his home in Arizona and uploads to the show's technical staff.

This is how it should be done.

• Like 1

they might wanna take a page out of the Chicago Cubs' playbook and open up auditions online, or some such thing.

Just my worthless two cents.

The San Diego Padres are doing this as well: having open auditions for the stadium announcer. It's a nice PR/publicity move. I'm sure DCI will have no problems finding someone to announce shows (though I'm also sure a plethora of people on DCP will complain about an announcer change...)

He should be doing EVERY show. He should record the intro for every corps and just have the files on a soundboard patched into the sound system.

I have made mention of this before, but it would be a much better experience, more consistent from show to show.

Even Saturday Night Live's intros are not actually live anymore. Don Pardo records these from a studio in his home in Arizona and uploads to the show's technical staff.

Have to say, I totally agree with that. You should be getting the "DCI Experience" at every DCI show.

Mike

exactly. and while the staff may cue him in real time, til it comes through the PA, there's a lag.

The 2011 Vanguard announcement is one of the most awkward I have heard. Why is he being made part of the corps "extended" introduction?

He is the announcer. He is not part of the corps extended artistic introduction. They should stop with the people in the broadcast booth coaching introductions point blank.

Edited by LincolnV

I agree with this. I know the Cavies used a pre-recorded Dan Potter a couple years ago. Any idea why it hasn't been more widely adopted? It seems like 99.3% of programs now require some elaborate timing to coordinate the announcer with the preshow.

I was always partial to "In Competition for the Drum Corp International Championships, ladies and gentlemen the....."

Peter Cullen

Because who wouldn't want Optimus Prime announcing your show? :cool:

The 2011 Vanguard announcement is one of the most awkward I have heard. Why is he being made part of the corps "extended" introduction?

Because of this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZTaiDHqs5s

Edited by fsubone