DCPI Season 22 Registration Thread

We're using captions for 2012-2014 this live season. Going with a slightly different format this time.

hmmmm interesting...so guessing/luck could be gone if one decided to

Corps name: Nastalgia Vanguard
Director: ced3905

Division: World Class

Hometown: Bowling Green, KY

Corps name: Nastalgia

Division: Open Class

Corps name: Nastalgia Percussion Ensemble

Division: A Class

hmmmm interesting...so guessing/luck could be gone if one decided to

But that eliminates much of the bang-for-your-buck purchasing you get in live seasons, as (presumably) caption values for the previous season are based on final placements that season, and not on final placements the previous season?

Corps name: The Patriots Drum and Bugle Corps
Director: anjirocool

Hometown: Washington, D.C.

But that eliminates much of the bang-for-your-buck purchasing you get in live seasons, as (presumably) caption values for the previous season are based on final placements that season, and not on final placements the previous season?

That's true, but there is still the "unknown" element of the 2014 season, and directors are free to mix and match as they like. There's no obligation to use one particular set of scores if you don't want to.

Corps name: Ohio Valley Thunder
Director: Danny
Hometown: Huntington, WV

Corps name: Storm Troopers
Division: Open Class

In addition;

Corps name: River City Express

Division: Class A

That's true, but there is still the "unknown" element of the 2014 season, and directors are free to mix and match as they like. There's no obligation to use one particular set of scores if you don't want to.

So... this isn't a true Live Season? So we would be using scores from the past and incorporating 2014? I'm sure there is someone that will figure out the best scores from the past and use them. If this year is a low scored year, the live season is meaningless. I feel the live season was enough of a variable to make it interesting... why change something that has worked for many years? I was considering a comeback this season, but the lure was the "live" season, not a mix.

• Like 2

I can't say I am a big fan of this change as it changes the history on how live season have always operated. Did we vote on this change? If we did I missed it then. To be honest if we go this route then what is the difference between summer and winter seasons. Some directors do the summer only for the "live" season scores and also don't have time to research all the scores from past seasons. This is what made the summer "live" season what it was/is.

Do we get a say on making this change?

• Like 1

So... this isn't a true Live Season? So we would be using scores from the past and incorporating 2014? I'm sure there is someone that will figure out the best scores from the past and use them. If this year is a low scored year, the live season is meaningless. I feel the live season was enough of a variable to make it interesting... why change something that has worked for many years? I was considering a comeback this season, but the lure was the "live" season, not a mix.

Seconded. The live season offers enough unpredictability as it is, which is why it's so hard to win! You can have the captions *just right* and then the Finals night spreads throw the monkey into the wrench. Using prior seasons' scores, you already know which corps are going to suffer "caption collapse" come Finals night.

I'm not opposed to trying new things, and I appreciate the effort to add spice to the game. Trying to figure out where the live season captions will end up and projecting them to the end of the season relative to other seasons would be a challenge. But doing it with no warning and with no membership vote is, IMO, the wrong way to go about this.

• Like 1