Controversy in WGI and DCI

- According to the VK DM, who used to post here (I believe) and on RAMD, said she was overage - like 23 or 24

Talk about " controversy". I wish I had a buck for every marcher that marched overage BITD ( as well as today ) in Drum Corps. if so, I could probably foot the bill myself to get DCI Finals back again on live TV.

Edited by BRASSO

oh yes.....a local school. and in no way were they celebrating Russia or it's revolution. They found some cool russian tunes, slapped a theme on it, and away we go.

LOL had to look it up cuz I forgot who it was. No that far from the school district that ended up with about $1M in costs from banning the teaching of evolution in the district. School board was warned it would lead to a costly battle but a conservative group promised to pay the bills so "Hey no harm right?", When the group disappeared the districts budget went into the crapper picking up the tab.

Of course when all the board members were voted out it had nothing to do with money right..... :ninja:

Never underestimate the power of a few people with big mouths or the right connections....

... :ninja:

Never underestimate the power of a few people with big mouths or the right connections....

Its in our Nations, DNA. Even the American Revolution started with a " few people with big mouths" ( Boston Tea Partiers ) that had " the right connections" ( In France )

Edited by BRASSO

Its in our Nations, DNA. Even the American Revolution started with a " few people with big mouths" ( Boston Tea Partiers ) that had " the right connections" ( In France )

No wonder we're so ####ed up

• Like 1

I don't know.. as bad as things can get sometimes, I wouldn't want to live under a Monarchy of a rule by Birthright, and if you've ever watched the modern day Brittish House of Commons in operation, they make our US Congress look tame, reasonable, and civil, by contrast.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Not really any more than a lot of other places. The fact your population is 300+ million just means statistically you have more of the kind of people who are likely to react that way just by volume.

Edited by LincolnV

Not really any more than a lot of other places. The fact your population is 300+ million just means statistically you have more of the kind of people who are likely to react that way just by volume.

Pump up the Volume!

I don't know.. as bad as things can get sometimes, I wouldn't want to live under a Monarchy of a rule by Birthright, and if you've ever watched the modern day Brittish House of Commons in operation, they make our US Congress look tame, reasonable, and civil, by contrast.

Off topic. Watch all episodes of Downton Abbey immediately! On topic. I have an open mind and if a performance is controversial, try to think in the mind's eye before making judgement please.

• Like 1

Off topic. Watch all episodes of Downton Abbey immediately!

I swear, my wife hasn't missed a single episode of this show.. even the reruns, she watches. Loves the show,

Without more TV's in my house, I would quickly lose my sense of humor however.

Edited by BRASSO

I swear, my wife hasn't missed a single episode of this show.. even the reruns, she watches. Loves the show,

Without more TV's in my house, I would quickly lose my sense of humor however.

The other day I was on a bus with my neighbour who is a playwright, actor and taught english and theatre for 30 years. He's to retire this spring, sell his property and move 800 miles away.

We discussed Downton (I caught up by buying 3 DVDs & viewed on TV last season; He was given the DVDs as a gift from his daughter while recuperating from surgery). We tried to determine Downton Abbey's success on that bus ride. Was it the lack of commercials, the many plots and scenes simultaneously performed with seasoned and personable actors? We didn't know what we liked about it. Discussion may continue during the next bus ride encounter.

On topic. Controversy in WGI and DCI? Winterguard has 6 minutes to generate intrigue whereas DCI has 12 or more minutes to do the same. It's all about the music and how it affects you.

edit for 1 word good golly i'm aging

Edited by lindap