Aimachi at WGI

Local community drum corps that 'do not' use the graceful swan-like physical movements already exist and have existed for years like: the Grey Knights, Warriors , KnightFire , Blue Notes, Erie Thunderbirds, Mon Valley Express, Keystone Regiment , Ghost Riders. Hornets, Mighty St Joe, Toronto Signels, Group Therapy, Sine Wave Brass, Steel City Ambassadors, Green Berets, White Sabors, Hit Men Brass, Royal Airs, Strikers,…. And since that is what you see as what the future of the WGI indoor activity needs to be, I take it then you are currently supporting the endeavors of those corps which fit your criteria as well as the indoor activities that already support your criteria such as SDCA and DCNA.

Settle down, Corky.

There are times when physical flourishes make sense, and times when they don't. Watching a bunch of the percussion lines this weekend, it was obvious that many of them were adding little dance kicks and plie's in just because they thought they were supposed to, rather than because they created effect.

Since open will be all age I could see some DCA groups taking advantage of this, especially smaller corps.

Settle down, Corky.

There are times when physical flourishes make sense, and times when they don't. Watching a bunch of the percussion lines this weekend, it was obvious that many of them were adding little dance kicks and plie's in just because they thought they were supposed to, rather than because they created effect.

Corky? Ok then; the least you could do is reference your own posting correctly there Bullwinkle.

You began your opinion about WGI Winds with these two statements, “It's the future for what community drum corps could be and should be doing … however getting rid of the WGI approach to physical movement would help the concept latch on.” All I was saying is if that is your contention then you should already be greatly supporting the efforts of SDCA because they providing services are local community corps doing very little physical body movements in a graceful swan like manner. So, again I ask, how much support are you giving to SDCA and all the local community corps who perform in SDCA who do not act like swans engaging in their activities?

Corky? Ok then; the least you could do is reference your own posting correctly there Bullwinkle.

You began your opinion about WGI Winds with these two statements, “It's the future for what community drum corps could be and should be doing … however getting rid of the WGI approach to physical movement would help the concept latch on.” All I was saying is if that is your contention then you should already be greatly supporting the efforts of SDCA because they providing services are local community corps doing very little physical body movements in a graceful swan like manner. So, again I ask, how much support are you giving to SDCA and all the local community corps who perform in SDCA who do not act like swans engaging in their activities?

Nonsensical. SDCA is, essentially, standstills. It makes me suspect you've never actually seen one.

I also suspect that you don't get the Corky reference, which is probably just as well.

Nonsensical. SDCA is, essentially, standstills. It makes me suspect you've never actually seen one.

I also suspect that you don't get the Corky reference, which is probably just as well.

It is not nonsensical. Not only have I seen SDCA, I have contributed financial support to the organization and have also contributed support in an attempt to get DCNA off the ground. While some units in SDCA do choose to perform some standstill, the concept for SDCA is 'to get local community units engaging in a drum corps environment without the demands of the physical movements found in WGI'. Thus it is exactly in-line with your contention that for the future of WGI Winds to latch on it would be best for WGI Winds to back down on the graceful swan movements. And so again I ask, are you supporting SDCA and DCNA?

. I think the WGI folks are unaware of how goofy and pretentious that looks to the rest of the world.

From the looks of the size of the audience in this video.. I wouldn't overly concern myself with how this looks" to the rest of the world". Its even unclear here if this show performance had more performers, or more audience.

Edited by BRASSO

From the looks of the size of the audience in this video.. I wouldn't overly concern myself with how this looks" to the rest of the world". Its unclear here if this show performance had more performers, or more audience.

The audience at Dayton LOVED Aimachi. The reaction was great.

• Like 3

It's the future for what community drum corps could be and should be doing (rather than putting 15 horns on a football field).

However, getting rid of the WGI approach to physical movement would help the concept latch on. Not every movement of the body or set change has to be accompanied by graceful swan-like movements of the arms and legs, apropos of nothing. It looks silly. Same thing goes for the percussion sections. I think the WGI folks are unaware of how goofy and pretentious that looks to the rest of the world.

the rest of the world?