Thanks John and Mods... blowing steam

Local paper has a website with threads where you can discuss the news items that are posted. I just sent an email to the head of the dept to de-activate my account.

1) There is a thread to discuss questions/issues on policies (aka - why did my post get deleted) but there isn't a link to it on the website. That's why I had to email.... *jeesh*

2) The thread in question DID have a link to the policy thread but whatever mod came in this evening deleted it. (It had been up since mid morning) Weird part is the writer of the article posted the link but it still got deleted.

3) I posted to request the link to the policy thread.... guess what got deleted 30 seconds later....

4) Mods there either have no clue to policy or some come in why bad attitudes. In this case about 24 posts that had been up for hours suddenly disappeared. Including almost all of mine....

So thanks to DCP for have easy ways to communicate with the mods and mods that are a lot more consistent and not anonymous.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Oh yeah... thank you for having software that has an edit function.......

Got a reply back from (I think) one of the mods. He "guessed" that my posts were deleted because I'm not allowed to discuss policy on news article threads. Told him I didn't do that (explained what was in my posts) and sounded like the articles writer broke policy by posting the link to where it should be discussed. Oh yeah... why did these posts get deleted hours later.... do the mods on 2nd shift have stricter rules than 1st shift? Or did <something I won't repeat here> hit someone the wrong way.

I'd say it should be interesting.... if I get a response back.

Edited by JimF-LowBari