Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

Last season's Akron ( 6/22 ) scores :

1) The Cadets : 74.20

2) Bluecoats : 71.15

3) Phantom : 71.10

4 ) Cavaliers : 66.50

5) Spirit of Atlanta: 65.50

6 ) Boston : 64.30

Five judge panel in the first show will not produce necessarily an accurate read. Full panel with all captions carrying some weight will change things up I believe. So far Crown and Blue Devils have the best hornlines period. Cadets play well but not as close to Crown and BD as in past years. Percussion is much improved for Crown and the Colorguard is doing well too. (For the Akron show) . . . I think Crown plays the brass horn much better than anyone on the east side of the Mississippi. It will be fun and interesting for sure. Crown edges Cadets out by .4 because of the hornline. . . . that and I fell asleep during Cadets show last night watching on the Fan Network :sleep: . . . . I do like the show though.

I'm not sure what any of this is being based on... Cadets brass "not as close to Crown & BD as in past years"?? "Crown percussion much improved" etc... a little presumptious for June 21st IMO

So even if the scores are held till Monday, will the videos be up on FN before Monday? Just curious.

Doubt it.

Comparing this year's Akron show to last year's and looking for similar results is not an easy fit. For beginners, Crown was out west last year so we don't know how they would have fared against Cadets since they did not compete in Akron. In both 2012 and 2013, Cadets were ready for business and in 2012 early on, had topped Crown at least once. My guess is that Crown will be more than ready for competition tonight. I am still predicting Crown victory and expect Cadets to place second which is higher than my original prediction.

Phantom Regiment is stronger than many of us thought they would be, though the show may not have staying power as the season progresses. Cavies have a lead over Madison which is different from last year. It was not until late July that Cavies placed ahead of Madison. As much as I hate to, I am going to place Madison at the bottom if the pack. As far as Cavies and PR are concerned, much will depend on the two wildcards: Bluecoats and Boston Crusaders. I think I will put Bluecoats in third and BAC in fourth. I originally had them second and third respectively. Bluecoats area solid corps and BAC is based more on a feeling, but if we look at last year at this time as some have done with scores, the word out of BAC was to be patient: the show was different, it was a work in progress, and what we saw at the beginning would be different as the season progresses, and those who said these things were correct. This year these same folks are telling us we'll be amazed. A few I know at least by name, and they are usually accurate, so what I'm expecting to hear on Monday night at a theater near me:

7th: Madison

6th: Cavies

5th: PR

4th; BAC

3rd: Bluecoats

2nd; Cadets

1st: Crown

• Like 1

nm

Edited by BRASSO

Awesome.

I didn't know Bridge Over Troubled Water was a historical Blootune.

They played it a couple times in the 70's and it was also the corps song in the 70's. it kinda faded out during the middle years corps after folding in 1979. then in 1988 autumn leaves became the corps song.

I'm going to be really hopeful that someone will be nice enough to take a video of Bloo for us and post it up. I'm really itching to see their show now

I'm going to be really hopeful that someone will be nice enough to take a video of Bloo for us and post it up. I'm really itching to see their show now

Box office is open

Edited by gak27