Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

Just be mindful that the next question will be "so why restrict the musicians?"--in support of strings and woodwinds. Bluecoats have a synth sound that's sort of like a piccolo. Why shouldn't it be the real thing?

Agree. Why not? :tounge2:

Doubtful. Having "agendas" is a more recent phemonenon.

Not at all. After all, Satan had an agenda when he planted all those fake fossils 6,000 years ago when the world was created. He was trying to sew doubt.

I've been told this by people who also tell me that they find Presidential quotations about national unity and resolve to be "offensive." :cool:

The Cascades announced their repitoure what was it, does anyone remember?

I think the show was called "Turn", but can't remember the repertoire.

Doubtful. Having "agendas" is a more recent phemonenon.

hahahahahahaha. Good one. Having "agendas" is as old as time. Those that knew how to press them rose in power throughout history.

At this point last year, were people fans of the narration in e=mc2? I know I wasn't, and it never grew on me (like it did for some people). I think the narration here is fine as far as the content. But if you're gonna make a kid spend all summer with the corps (along with his money), just to deliver some presidential lines, let him do it from the field, with the corps. Make him run around a little bit. And if the platform at the front is going to stay (I don't mind either way) get the musicians and guard up there WAY more.

• Like 1

Copland had a gay, Jewish, intellectual agenda. Plus he probably liked vampires.

Doubtful. Having "agendas" is a more recent phenomenon.

Not at all. To stay mostly on topic, Spielberg's Lincoln was a nice reminder of all the agendas that needed to be satisfied in order to pass a Constitutional amendment abolishing slavery. Not to mention buying votes with jobs for lame-duck Representatives.

At this point last year, were people fans of the narration in e=mc2? I know I wasn't, and it never grew on me (like it did for some people). I think the narration here is fine as far as the content. But if you're gonna make a kid spend all summer with the corps (along with his money), just to deliver some presidential lines, let him do it from the field, with the corps. Make him run around a little bit. And if the platform at the front is going to stay (I don't mind either way) get the musicians and guard up there WAY more.

I'm sure they're working on that. We haven't even wrapped a full week of the competitive season yet. Let them get some judges reads in so they can make adjustments.

This statement pretty much applies to all corps.

• Like 1

The worst part of Cadets narration is the "That's what HE said......That is what Abraham Lincoln Said" ....and I realize Copland put this in the original...and that's cool that they are being authentic. HOWEVER, when Copland wrote Lincoln Portrait.... "That's what She said" wasn't on the lips of every prepubescent adolescent in America. I think they'll turn it into a joke. Otherwise I have no problems with the delivery. I'm not a fan of Mount Hopkins at the front of the field, but hey...that's why I'm not a show designer....oh wait I am...hmm.

The ending of the show is fabulous. I know several corps change endings and put in new endings throughout the latter weeks of tour....CADETS don't touch this ending!

• Like 3