Captions for Season 22

Which caption system would you prefer to use for Season 22  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which caption system would you prefer to use for Season 22

• Live season only (2014)
    • Live and historical seasons (2012-2014)

One thing I wanted to try out this year was a "hybrid" caption slate that used both live scoring and scoring from recent years. I know that some directors are concerned that this will potentially affect the live season experience, so I'd like to give everybody the chance to weigh in with their preferences.

Please vote for whether you'd like the choice of caption selections for this season to be limited to just the 2014 DCI live season captions (the way we've usually done it) or whether you'd prefer to use an expanded slate of caption selections that include the 2012, 2013 and 2014 DCI seasons.

This poll will run until Saturday, at which time I will make a final decision on the captions for this coming season. Please keep in mind that if the preference is to just use the 2014 captions, some directors may have to make caption changes (which they would able to do without any kind of penalty, as the season hasn't begun yet).

I'm up for trying something new, never know how well it will work until we try it. Trial and error.

The "lives" have it. I'll be adjusting the caption selections today accordingly.

Please note that if you have submitted captions from years prior to 2014, you WILL need to adjust your captions.

sorry i was inactive and didnt see the vote--been busy at camp getting my kids ready to take it all! HOWEVER I applaud directors in making the right decision--i think it was a change that would have impacted the live season too much. The thrill of the live season is trying to keep up with every change and shift in the corps all season long and GUESSING where they will end up--not knowing. Thank you for having the vote Matt--love the creativity, just dont love the impact it would have had! Maybe we cab figure out an off season spice up!

• Like 1