Sunday's Crown performance

Ready....Aim....uhhhhhh...what the heck was I supposed to be firing at??????????

• Like 1

Please don't interpret my comment as taking offense! I made what I thought was a short and fair statement and I certainly didn't mean to make anyone so upset. I really don't want to be lumped in as someone who is a bad sport. Just participating in the banter. I'm looking forward to a great season from all the corps :smile:. Hope everyone enjoys it!

No room for thoughtful critique in this crowd, man.

Oh I'm sure they're referring to me :-) Thing is -- if you read the thread -- I was just responding in kind to Kdaddy (who then tried to dump the whole thing on me) .

My whole "rant" yesterday was not directed to anyone specifically regarding the standard crown comments that we hear every year.

The last page or two of posts have actually been thoughtful critiques with pretty specific commentary supporting their observations (ie DCP at it's best).

Oh well -- I'm sure we'll see plenty more of that nonsense and hopefully plenty of actual constructive commentary.

If you post nonsense -- I'll continue to point it out. Tough love for those who think they can fire and forget.

How is any opinion ever posted to DCP considered "constructive commentary"? This is a message board devoted to the discussion of people who march around on a grassy surface playing stuff and twirling stuff. What part of any of this is "constructive"? Will any of this affect change in any way?

No - we post opinions for the sake of discussion. However, posts that are counter to your opinions or to your corps are "nonsense." And you will apparently "continue to point it out." Because that's also constructive, or "tough love." On a message board.

• Like 1

Just saw the Crown video.

Another absolutely great horn line. Wow!!!!

And now back to our regularly-scheduled DCP snarking and sniping. :tongue:

• Like 4

Been watching the video a few more times and I have to say that this show has already grown on me a ton. I'm still iffy about the metal percussion part but otherwise this show just sounds so phenomenal and I know it's going to be so much better by August.

I've been watching the show over and over again on youtube and just like last year this show will grow on me and it has already.

Love the uniforms except for the hat but I wasn't a fan of it last year either. I love the trampolines. Looking forward to seeing those integrated into the show better.

I also look forward to the cleaning, the additions and seeing the show on a green field rather than dirt. Got my tickets to Nightbeat in Charlotte and I'll probably buy the full Fan Network subscription to see it throughout the season.

Go Crown. I am looking forward to going #OOTW with you.

How is any opinion ever posted to DCP considered "constructive commentary"? This is a message board devoted to the discussion of people who march around on a grassy surface playing stuff and twirling stuff. What part of any of this is "constructive"? Will any of this affect change in any way?

No - we post opinions for the sake of discussion. However, posts that are counter to your opinions or to your corps are "nonsense." And you will apparently "continue to point it out." Because that's also constructive, or "tough love." On a message board.

Nothing you posted here has any basis in reality (ie any of the messages that I actually posted in this thread). So continue your rant -- you're awesome. And so much more experienced and competent than me :-)

<plonk> *first of the season*

I have seen several fair and positive posts about Crown and I am grateful to see the civility for the most part. There are always some homers out here that absolutely have no clue what they are talking about but I generally see them make fools of themsleves out here on just about every corps they post about, and not just Crown.

I have been around the activity for 30 years. Allows me to have an opinion but of course it doesn't mean I am right all the time. After all, it is an opinion.

For those of you being polite and fair, Thanks. For the rest who trash the corps in a very sophmoric, immature manner? Well, there is always the sport of Curling or competitive basket weaving maybe? Drum and bugle corps probably isn't your cup of tea

Edited by Tone Quality Matters
  • Like 2

Nothing you posted here has any basis in reality (ie any of the messages that I actually posted in this thread). So continue your rant -- you're awesome. And so much more experienced and competent than me :-)

<plonk> *first of the season*

corpsband, I would like to respectfully suggest you be a bit more civil. Your angry tone is giving me dyspepsia.

I am sure you can find a way to disagree without resorting to harsh words and fault-finding. We are all here because we love this amazing thing called drum corps, and I think most of us realize that opinions expressed here have no effect whatsoever on the broader world. So to get all riled up just because another drum corps fan does not share your exact point of view don't make a lick of sense. :beer: Here, have a beer on me.

• Like 1