DCPI Season 22 Discussion

Here's a look at tonight's events:

Both of our events tonight have had to be relocated to larger venues due to the larger-than-expected turnouts (a good problem to have!). It seems like the South and West are the places to be touring this year.The show originally scheduled for Dothan AL will instead be held at Veterans Memorial Stadium in Troy AL (a familiar site to DCPI and DCI fans alike), and the Santa Clara CA event will be held at the brand-new Levi's Stadium, making it the unofficial first event to take place at the 49ers' new field.

TroyALTroyVeteransStadium3a_zps0f292248.

SanFranciscoCALevisStadium70000_zps613b5

Question: I had entered all three of my corps (Feenicks, INT, and ERMISSION) into the Clovis, CA show on the 23rd. Yet I did not see any scores posted for any of them on the site. Any answers as to why?

:confused::help::cry::blink:

It's possible you didn't enter them in time for that particular show. The system closes out entries for a show at midnight the morning of each show, so it's possible that you didn't make the cutoff for that show. I do show all of your corps being entered at shows for tomorrow and Saturday, so I'll double-check that you're entered for those events.

Bit of a slow night for shows this evening, but the corps on the field will give their best effort.

At Burgess Field in Geneva IL, we have Renegade Brigade trying to capitalize on their recent success and seize a show win. This stadium recently received a much-needed surface upgrade, replacing the rough grass with a smooth artificial turf field.

GenevaILBurgessFild2000_zps12af4fe3.jpg

And at East HS in Corning NY, we have a great Class A battle on tap as Cape Cod Regiment, Hoosier Regiment and Cross square off in a 3-way dance.

CorningNYCorningEastHS3000_zpsd65903fe.j

After a pair of small events last night, we have a pair of very big shows tonight in the west and midwest. Both shows have been expanded to split-venue formatting.

In the midwest, World Class corps will take the field at Lafayette-Jefferson High School in Lafayette IN, and Open Class and Class A corps will be featured at Brownsburg HS on the west side of Indianapolis.

LafayetteINLafayetteJeffersonHS5000_zpse

BrowsburgIN_zps612b9067.jpg

Out west, World Class corps will be marching at American Canyon HS while Class A and Open Class corps will shake up the stands at Corbus Field.

VallejoCAAmericanCanyonHS3000_zpsbf9961d

VallejoCAVallejoHS4000_zps4184fc32.jpg

Happy Saturday! I was traveling to the DCI Muncie show last night which is why scores were delayed in going up. We had some really good contests last night, with Circle City Sound coming out on top in Vallejo and establishing themselves as a strong early-season contender, and Ivory Brigade moving back up to the top of the standings after struggling in their last few shows.

Today's events:

Fresh after hosting the DCI crew, Muncie IN's Schuemann Stadium at Ball State University hosts a great mix of rookie and veteran corps.

MuncieINSchuemanStadium2_zps9f3a0c0c.jpg

The freshly-renovated Hughes Stadium in Sacramento CA features an exciting rematch between Circle City Sound and Quiksilver. CCS has been emerging as a major player in the past couple seasons after joining the DCPI tour a few years ago.

SacramentoCAHughesStadium15000_zps5c7783

Down south, the steep bleachers and deep bowl of the Crampton Bowl in Montgomery AL will threaten to swallow up the corps that enter its grounds. Star of Jupiter and the Euphony corps are among the several groups that will try to tame this facility.

MontgomeryALCramtonBowl20000_zps8f8e3f1d

And in the east, several newer corps like Spartan Vanguard, Patriots and Pride of Salem will try to steal some sweepstakes points from the big boys.

BuffaloNYUBStadium25000_zps545999b6.jpg

Also, today is the first of the Sweepstakes Series events, which are back after being on hiatus last season. For new directors, these are major events (similar to DCI's TOC shows) that are designed to recognize consistent finishes from corps and award a set number of points to the top finishing corps in each division. We keep a running point total throughout the season and aware a Sweepstakes Award to the top 5 corps in each division as well as a "Grand Champion" for the highest-finishing corps overall. Here's the calendar of events:

6/29: Muncie IN, Buffalo NY, Montgomery AL, Sacramento CA

7/11-12: Blacksburg VA, Ann Arbor MI, Knoxville TN, Fresno CA (both rounds)

7/19: Orlando FL, Phoenix AZ, Fullerton CA, Lowell MA
7/26: Bowling Green KY, Fort Worth TX

8/2: Madison WI, Platteville WI, Denver CO

8/7-9: All 3 rounds of championships

Finally, tomorrow will mark the first caption increase of the season, where every divison's caption limit score will increase by one. Remember that the best way to improve your corps' scores is usually to use the maximum number of caption points you have available. Here's the full schedule of updates:

6/29: 151/121/96

7/6: 152/122/97; CAPTIONS LOCK ON THIS DATE. Going forward for the rest of the season, directors will only be able to make a maximum of 3 caption changes per week (with the exception of the reset date on 7/13)

7/13: 153/123/98 and Caption reset date. On this day only, directors may make unlimited caption changes. This represents design teams doing major rewrites of a show mid-season.

7/20: 154/124/99

7/27: 155/125/100. Final point increase of the season.

8/7: Start of finals week events. Advancing corps may make up to 2 caption changes in between each round.

Scores have been posted from last night's events, and caption limits have been increased by 1 point for all divisions. Also, sweepstakes standings have been posted in a separate thread.

It's possible you didn't enter them in time for that particular show. The system closes out entries for a show at midnight the morning of each show, so it's possible that you didn't make the cutoff for that show. I do show all of your corps being entered at shows for tomorrow and Saturday, so I'll double-check that you're entered for those events.

Ok, thanks. My corps have been receiving scores for the rest of the shows so far that I've entered them in. I was just curious about Clovis because it was still an option when I did do the schedule selections.

:satisfied:

Side note: looks like my staffs and I will have to do some changes to our shows to get the corps up in the rankings...

:ninja::thumbdown::unhappy:

We'll do our best to keep tonight's events on schedule with some nasty weather rolling into the midwest.

Eastern corps will be marching at Bridgeport CT's venerated Kennedy Stadium. We'll see a rematch for the Knight Sword take place as well as an appearance by The Sires, the surprising winner of the Muncie IN event.

BridgeportCTKennedyStadium2b_zpse114c9d6

Tiny US Cellular Field in Medford OR will be bursting to the gills as Feenicks, Green Band, Pacific Mountaineers and Violet Knights, among others, take over its field.

MedfordORUSCellularPark2000_zps7bf439d1.

Georgia will be on the mind of Avengers, Ohio Valley Thunder, Blue Ridge Brigade and Red Regiment, among others, at Carrollton HS in Carrollton GA.

CarrolltonGACarrolltonHS2_zps91539660.jp

Finally, the midwest sees a split event in Kalamazoo MI, with World Class corps marching at Kalamazoo Central High School and Open Class and Class A corps competing at Kalamazoo College's Angell Field.

KalamazooMICentralHS3000_zps9566f168.jpg

KalamazooMIAngellField2500_zpsad289f75.j

The corps of Mountain Sound Productions are off to a fantastic start this season. With the introduction of a new Class A corps (the Swannanoa Silverstars) and a renewed Open Class corps (the Blue Ridge Brigade,) we hope to extend the music to an even bigger crowd of fans.

We're making big changes to all the shows within the next few days, so keep your eyes peeled and your ears open, because the Mountain Sound is about to take the nation by storm. :)