Pittsburgh PA

Didn't see this thread yet. I know everyone is worried about the weather, right now its a wait and see game. Off and on rain are affecting the area as I type this. Currently the rain is forecasted to taper off as the sun sets. NWS has the forecast as rain likely before 5pm and chance after, with tonight being rain ending by 11pm. The big question is, will it be raining after 5pm. The answer is, no one knows as of this time. Its something to keep an eye on as we watch the radar for development and trends...its the same cold front that effected last nights show also. This is something I can try to answer this afternoon. I'll check back here around 2pm for an update.

Sorry I can't bring better news...but at least the Evansville show will be rain free.

I'll be there! Standstills are fun too.

Yes, but standstills are like the proverbial.. " kissing your sister "... ie, its not the same.

• Like 2

Looking a little better, we will get rain but it doesn't look like it will be a bad as predicted. Small front on its way this afternoon, sun was just out for a bit. Its turf field so it will be better to march on. I think it will happen.

I hope so for everyones sake. I know that feeling, it sucks. For fans and Corps members. They wanna put the show on as badly, or more, than we wanna see it. lol.

As for the rain, there is a line of storms developing along the front approaching the area soon. The sun coming out is actually a bad thing if you don't want rain. As the sun comes out it heats up the ground destablizing the air, which creates energy for more storms. Which is the main reason storms are worse in the afternoon than any other time of the day normally. The sun has had time to do its work by heating up the ground creating all kinds of storm energy. All that's needed is a trigger for storm initiation, hence today's cold front. Hopefully, this line will be the main part of the rain today...time will tell.

Looking a little better, we will get rain but it doesn't look like it will be a bad as predicted. Small front on its way this afternoon, sun was just out for a bit. Its turf field so it will be better to march on. I think it will happen.

We wisheth thee are most correct, Sire. Otherwise, mine trusty subjects shalt be dispatched with hastened speed throughout Tis' 'DCP Kingdom to summons Yee to suffer such wretched and unspeakable calamnities.

Didn't see this thread yet. I know everyone is worried about the weather, right now its a wait and see game. Off and on rain are affecting the area as I type this. Currently the rain is forecasted to taper off as the sun sets. NWS has the forecast as rain likely before 5pm and chance after, with tonight being rain ending by 11pm. The big question is, will it be raining after 5pm. The answer is, no one knows as of this time. Its something to keep an eye on as we watch the radar for development and trends...its the same cold front that effected last nights show also. This is something I can try to answer this afternoon. I'll check back here around 2pm for an update.

Sorry I can't bring better news...but at least the Evansville show will be rain free.

Good luck to all tonight.

Boy do I like the trends I'm seeing from the pittsburgh radar. Shows the line of showers associated with the front moving thru the area now...should be all gone by 5pm local, or earlier. then behind the front a large area of sinking air, which would tend to take the rain chances WAAAY down to almost nothing. That being said, still a remote chance of a shower. But if I had to make a call, in my professional opinon, i'd say the chances of rain for the show would be less than 10%. There is a chance the lake could enhance a stray shower or two but they would be quick and light...not show cancelling. The sun is also going down so the storms energy is wanning also. Plus the Low Pressure is will east of the area so any backside wraparound is fading also.

the moral is...it's looking good for a show in PITT!!

• Like 3

I want to hear later that out came the Bluecoats tonite, ..not the Raincoats.

• Like 1