Pittsburgh PA

She also may have been on the guard staff in 1983, not sure if it was as caption head.

Dig the changes in the closer @Bluecoats

What were the changes in the closer???

Don't know, and I'm equally excited to find out! I hope it was to hold the last note a bit longer before running off cliffs.

What were the changes in the closer???

Edited by superOOk

And for the record, I've been around the "BAC" organization since 1978, and if Debbie Torchia was ever guard caption head, this is the first I've heard of it.

Yes, but as far as rants go, his rant was actually pretty good, and once he got on a real good roll,, Craiga, there was no stopping him .... including letting any potential misinformation get in his way of the full on emptying of his spleen.

( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Now he ^ sees some of the things that concern me. The scores do so much talking. Personally, I think that 'coats comp scores should be higher, esp. GE. This would more reflect what all of us see. But until the judges see it...

The composition number should be higher. The membership at coats, in addition to body and a drill, are being asked to move props and manipulate the props. That IS supposed to be a part of the composition number. So the judges are basically saying that is not really demanding........ Or they are doing it so we'll it gives the illusion of not being difficult. Those are substantially strong and well built props that have kids jumping off of them, at times 4 players playing on them, quad players playing a feature while being moved..........and that is not reflected in the book. Sorry, it's kind of blatantly obvious and to not have that reflected in the comp number!?!..........mind boggling a bit. I think they make it look too easy ( big compliment this time of the year regarding the props). That is not easy to do while performing a musical book that could stand alone.

Is it harder to have one guy announce on a huge non moving object that blocks part of the drill or constantly move props through out the show, using them in every possible and from every angle possible.......if this was USBANDS a judge might question why the stage did not move.....

Like some said earlier - it will take one judge to call it like it is and I think the other judges will join in.Either way, this is my favorite show this year and I have seen BD, SCV, Cadets, Crown, BAC, Phantom and Bluecoats......definitely my favorite.

And my rant is over..see everyone at the show tomorrow. Summer !!!!!!

• Like 1

Now he ^ sees some of the things that concern me. The scores do so much talking. Personally, I think that 'coats comp scores should be higher, esp. GE. This would more reflect what all of us see. But until the judges see it...

The composition number should be higher. The membership at coats, in addition to body and a drill, are being asked to move props and manipulate the props. That IS supposed to be a part of the composition number So the judges are basically saying that is not really demanding........ Or they are doing it so we'll it gives the illusion of not being difficult. Those are substantially strong and well built props that have kids jumping off of them, at times 4 players playing on them, quad players playing a feature while being moved..........and that is not reflected in the book. Sorry, it's kind of blatantly obvious and to not have that reflected in the comp number!?!..........mind boggling a bit. I think they make it look too easy ( big compliment this time of the year regarding the props). That is not easy to do while performing a musical book that could stand alone.

Is it harder to have one guy announce on a huge non moving object that blocks part of the drill or constantly move props through out the show, using them in every possible and from every angle possible.......if this was USBANDS a judge might question why the stage did not move.....

Like some said earlier - it will take one judge to call it like it is and I think the other judges will join in.Either way, this is my favorite show this year and I have seen BD, SCV, Cadets, Crown, BAC, Phantom and Bluecoats......definitely my favorite.

And my rant is over..see everyone at the show tomorrow. Summer !!!!!!

The way a composition score increases is if the execution of the composition increases. Moving and manipulating those props isn't at the highest level yet and to be truly effective and get full credit for it needs to be perfect. With those big things, its all or nothing, (BD mastered it, Cadets didn't). Comp scores are not given out solely because something is demanding otherwise comp scores could be closer to 19/20 in June. You don't credit for what you attempt. You get credit for what you attempt and achieve. So its not a mystery why Bluecoats comp scores are lower: They are overall dirtier than cadets, The prop manipulation is not perfected, The demand in their show is not being properly executed to add to the effectiveness of the performance. But the other problem is the spread for Performance and Composition for Bluecoats are in some cases only 1 point... In June, I would be more compfortable with 2-3 point spread.

Edited by charlie1223