Pittsburgh PA

Boy do I like the trends I'm seeing from the pittsburgh radar. Shows the line of showers associated with the front moving thru the area now...should be all gone by 5pm local, or earlier. then behind the front a large area of sinking air, which would tend to take the rain chances WAAAY down to almost nothing. That being said, still a remote chance of a shower. But if I had to make a call, in my professional opinon, i'd say the chances of rain for the show would be less than 10%. There is a chance the lake could enhance a stray shower or two but they would be quick and light...not show cancelling. The sun is also going down so the storms energy is wanning also. Plus the Low Pressure is will east of the area so any backside wraparound is fading also.

the moral is...it's looking good for a show in PITT!!

You sir, are a steely eyed missile man! Love your weather updates.

• Like 2

Anyone here going to be in attendance?

I'll be there. There may be one more shower to pass through that could cause a delay. Otherwise, the show should get it. I watched Bluecoats' run this afternoon. Looks like a cool show.

Keep your phone charged... and keep us updated!

06/25 Pittsburgh, PA

Spirit of Atlanta 7.40

Boston Crusaders 7.57

Cavaliers 8.14

Cadets 8.48

Bluecoats 9.05

I didn't see any judging panel listed.

Edit: For any DCP newbies, I copied this info from http://www.fromthepressbox.com/

Edited by CrownBariDad

I'm surprised the latest point and click forecast still has a 50% chance in tonight. I wonder if that is just to cover the ongoing convection at forecast release time. I agree with rainshdw08, the radar trends look positive.

not sure what site your using for the point and click forecast... Google NWS Pittsburgh. Then click on the show area. That local office is saying a 20% chance before 10pm. I still say less than 10%. There are alot of sites out there with various weather information. Most not up to date. If you want a up to date forecast that is relatively solid in the weather world...go with the NWS. We aren't perfect by a long shot...but I'll put our forecasts up against anyone. I can't say too much as Id like to keep my job. Lol.

You sir, are a steely eyed missile man! Love your weather updates.

thanks man, I try. Sometimes its hard to get on here an update every show....especially if my office has severe weather going on. But usually I can make some time to get a decent look. Heck I even chatted with NWS pitt this morning to get their take. It was gonna be close...I had to know. Hahaha. Thanks again B.

06/25 Pittsburgh, PA
Spirit of Atlanta 7.40
Boston Crusaders 7.57
Cavaliers 8.14
Cadets 8.48
Bluecoats 9.05
I didn't see any judging panel listed.
Edit: For any DCP newbies, I copied this info from http://www.fromthepressbox.com/

Those are some pretty significant score drops....;-)

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

I hereby command you to take the position of DCP Meteorologist. I am a pilot and therefore part-meteorologist, and this was fascinating to read. Well done, sir.

Boy do I like the trends I'm seeing from the pittsburgh radar. Shows the line of showers associated with the front moving thru the area now...should be all gone by 5pm local, or earlier. then behind the front a large area of sinking air, which would tend to take the rain chances WAAAY down to almost nothing. That being said, still a remote chance of a shower. But if I had to make a call, in my professional opinon, i'd say the chances of rain for the show would be less than 10%. There is a chance the lake could enhance a stray shower or two but they would be quick and light...not show cancelling. The sun is also going down so the storms energy is wanning also. Plus the Low Pressure is will east of the area so any backside wraparound is fading also.

the moral is...it's looking good for a show in PITT!!

• Like 1