Pittsburgh PA

It does appear that Bluecoats has moved into the lead. hahahaha I've just realized how much fun I am going to have with italics this year.

Those are some pretty significant score drops....;-)

Edited by superOOk

not sure what site your using for the point and click forecast... Google NWS Pittsburgh. Then click on the show area. That local office is saying a 20% chance before 10pm. I still say less than 10%. There are alot of sites out there with various weather information. Most not up to date. If you want a up to date forecast that is relatively solid in the weather world...go with the NWS. We aren't perfect by a long shot...but I'll put our forecasts up against anyone. I can't say too much as Id like to keep my job. Lol.

Dude, I'm an NWS forecaster too. I was on the PIT NWS page and clicked on Pittsburgh for the P&C forecast. It was time stamped 510 pm (or something like that), and I swear the forecast at that time had 50% in the evening (which, I agree seemed overdone). Looks like in the meantime (time stamp now says 649 pm) that the forecast was updated and the POPs are now reduced. Should be a good night for drum corps!

• Like 2

So is anyone actually there tonight on DCP? Last tweet from Bluecoats was saying last of the weather had passed, and that was at 4:35pm EDT. Then they tweet, "for real" (and a picture of the flaming drums). It's on I think. May I suggest your social media person live tweets direct to DCP? :)

Edited by superOOk

Those are some pretty significant score drops....;-)

Due to the lack of judges, I think they just picked folks at random and forgot to tell them it was an 100 point scale instead of 10. I think Bluecoats are ready for Finals with that score.

• Like 1

GO SPIRIT!!! <(

• Like 1

I hereby command you to take the position of DCP Meteorologist. I am a pilot and therefore part-meteorologist, and this was fascinating to read. Well done, sir.

thanks again, my pleasure. As a former member, I know what it was like to get rained out....it sucked, I wanted to perform. As a grown up fan...I know what its like to get rained out...especially if you've traveled to see the show. Don't really care about the ticket price cost loss...goes to a good cause...but to miss a show just blows.

S.O.A. <(

Welcome to DCP!

Thanks. Rookie Dad but long time DCI fan since the 70's

Great! I've got one aged-out last year and a 4-year SOA guard vet. I think Spirit's got a great show this year, if we can just stay dry. LOL

Wife (at show) said Spirit just finished and did really well.