Pittsfield MA Indoor Show Oct. 25th

Bossop

Here is some updated information about the Pittsfield MA drum corps show, from their flier.

The Pittsfield, MA Boy's and Girl's Club will be hosting the SHRINERS "Autumn Fanfare" Drum and Bugle Show as a fundraiser for the Shriner's Hospital and the Pittsfield 4th of July Committee

Date: Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014

Where: The Boy's and Girl's Club Gymnasium, 16 Melville St. Pittsfield, MA

Time: 1:00 PM Doors open at 10:00 AM

It is produced by the SDCA...Small Drum Corps Association....Hebron, IL

Tentatively scheduled to perform: (so far)

Misslemen- Winthrop, MA

Standish Guard- Plymouth, MA

Melha Shriners- Springfield, MA

Capitol Brass- Albany, NY

Marksmen- Chicopee, MA (Western Mass region)

Selden Cadets- Long Island, NY

Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights- Newark, NJ

Crusaders Sr. Corps- Boston, MA

Tickets: $20 Advanced Make out checks to "Autumn Fanfare"

mail to: Paul Christopher

P.O. Box 84

Pittsfield, MA 01202

Day of Show tickets- $22. Contact: Paul Christopher paulchris0214@verizon.net

Edited by Bossop

• 3 months later...

>>Revised info:<<

???

You mean like after this one? BS was not too thrilled with the outcome. If I'm not mistaken, this was the first time the post-era Most Precious Blood/Hyde Park Crusaders beat the "golden robot" ...

:-)

Saturday March 14, 1964

Pittsfield MA 2nd Annual Winter Showtime

STADIUM: Pittsfield Boys Club Auditorium

Position Corps Score

1 Boston Crusaders 88.150

2 Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights 86.150

3 Saint Kevin's Emerald Knights 85.800

4 St. Mary's Majestic Knights 78.050

5 Emerald Cadets (NY) 76.900

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 1

As a reigning National Champion, SAC didn't like getting beat. Early in July of that year we beat another reigning NC, Chicago Cavaliers, out in Wisconsin. It's too bad we faded somewhat at the big "contests" in August.

Edited by Ghost

Different times, different feelings, but same great sounds from the past by both. The Crusaders Sr. Corps keeps the traditions and spirit of the old Boston Crusaders alive, but has its own identity. While striving to be the best alumni corps, we take pride in that we get along with everyone and are friendly with the other alumni corps. At this age bracket, though we may be competing in our heads, the units really are like one big family, sort of like extended cousins. Many members from Sac are from Massachusetts via the St. Kevins connection or even earlier. Some are former members of our corps or the junior Boston Crusaders. Many members of the two corps are friends. At the end of the show, all the units will join together as one big corps to play "Climb Every Mountain", which I understand was a standard of the Pittsfield Cavaliers. It should be a great time.

• Like 1

Art, I am looking forward to being a part of an event for a worthy cause and the opportunity to reminisce about the old days. Did you know that Chris Ferrara who heads up the SDCA was a soprano soloist in the day with the Chicago Royal Airs? I heard them live once at a show in NYC in 1966. As a 14 year old newbie to drum corps, I was mightily impressed by the style and technical ability of their soloists. He will be there Saturday. I am looking forward to meeting him.