Oregon Crusaders 2014 - Better late than never

The name of this thread should have been, "Better late than Nevermore".

:dancin::bigsmile:

Just a side note for tonight's OC performance. I texted my sone (OC Brass staff) and told him I thought they looked better visually tonight. He said he had to help fill in with the visual staff this week. Got a chuckle out of that...but he has done visual before. His first year on staff with OC in 2008 he did both brass and visual. I think they had a staff of about a dozen that year.

Just a side note for tonight's OC performance. I texted my sone (OC Brass staff) and told him I thought they looked better visually tonight. He said he had to help fill in with the visual staff this week. Got a chuckle out of that...but he has done visual before. His first year on staff with OC in 2008 he did both brass and visual. I think they had a staff of about a dozen that year.

So he's been with them through their rise over the last few years? That must be pretty awesome to be a part of!

• Like 1

This is my comment to OC:

Wow OC. Great job in Allentown and the crowd was really there with you. The crowd response was about the best until BK on up IMO.

Hornline and drumline beat Colts! GE held place and visual was down one place but I saw serious improvement last night OC. You missed Rome and that was going to be your break 80 show. You've got Centerville to do that and though it won't help your seeding in prelims, it will help you mentally. I've even checked the weather and it looks like clear skies for Centerville - and rehearsals!

Note: The rain has been this corps' near constant companion since Wyoming. Rain outs, near misses, threats of rain, thunderstorms, downpours, wet gear. It's been like the raven at their chamber door. I'm sure this corps wouldn't utter a word of complaint because they've got character and the staff is doing an amazing job of teaching to push through it... but I'm a mom and fierce fan and I will say that this has been an incredible year of perseverance for this corps.

I have never been more proud of OC.

Not quite sure why, but after watching all shows last weekend, via Fan Network, the one I remember most is Oregon Crusaders, Nevermore.

That corp took me somewhere for 7 minutes. Loved it.

Thank You OC.

What a wonderfully nice thing to say. I've shared it with the members and staff, who are always grateful to new and enthusiastic fans.

Shout out to that drumline. They're balls to the walls intense. And I love balls to the walls intense. Their presence in that last impact point in the closer is awesome.

Yes... visually powerful as well!

Edited by luv4corps