TOC - Warrensburg MO

Didn't see this thread started...kinda surprising. I know some don't like a thread being started off with weather, I apologize in advance as I don't have time for much else at the moment :cool:

Rain is approaching the stadium from the Northwest currently, maybe 1 to 3 hours away depending on how it develops. The good news is the cold front causing this rain will be through be area by around 5pm clearing out most of the clouds and taking the muggy conditions with it. I'll update more as I can.

Any schedule or judging slate posted anywhere? I do know Blue Devils get the early spot once again. I don't like the practice of 'random draw' on these events. I think it robs the crowd of the best experience possible. It also depresses the scores...look at last night.

• Like 1

Any schedule or judging slate posted anywhere? I do know Blue Devils get the early spot once again. I don't like the practice of 'random draw' on these events. I think it robs the crowd of the best experience possible. It also depresses the scores...look at last night.

Is that really how they determine performance order? Yikes. I was hoping for a 'worst to first'....

Yeah, they go with this "everyone is a winner, let's give everyone a chance to go on later" mentality. I get it, but in practice it's flawed. More difficult for the judges to make side by side comparison of corps in close races, for one. If I'm a spectator, I don't want to see the top groups early in a show, then have a group that is a step down come on. It reduces my appreciation for that group. I'd like to see groups with ascending quality throughout a show. It makes for a better viewing experience, and each group is the "champion" of the show so far, or at least close to it.

• Like 1

I have a few min....here ya go.

Cavies 7:30

BD 7:47

PR 8:04

Cadets 8:51
Bloo 9:08

CC 9:25

SCV 9:42

http://www.fromthepressbox.com/

• Like 2

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=eax&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

NWS Radar for area. Click on "Loop" across from "Base" top left for motion

• Like 1

I don't think it's so much a random draw as it is a round robin -- or at least it was last year. Each corps gets the "opportunity" to perform in each slot over the course of the shows. I don't know how it works for the "guest" corps we have this year at each show.

Anyone have a list of the judging panel?

Chief Judge: Wayne Dillon

Contest Coord: Tony DiCarlo

Color Guard: Marie Czapinski

GE Music: Wayne Dillon

GE Visual: Frankie Morris

Music Analysis: John Bell

Music Brass: Beth Fabrizio

Music Percussion: Ma Mullinix

Visual Analysis: Tim Ochran

Visual Proficiency: Sylvester Sybilski

• Like 1

Small line just passed over stadium...more on the way in a few hours with the main cold front.