Independent, non DCI/DCA affiliated shows?

Are there any independent, NON DCI/DCA shows in existence anymore? There used to be a number of them, but now I don't hear about any. I remember the Blue Buddha Show in California, that was so much fun.(the trophies were statues of Buddha, with the winner getting a Blue three foot tall statue of Buddha.)

Anyone know of any current independent shows?

The only ones I know of that come to mind are more "alumni corps" type of shows, like America's Hometown Thanksgiving in Plymouth, MA or some of the alumni shows in the spring. Occasionally there will be competing corps that participate in some of these, I recall the Kilties coming to Plymouth a couple times a dozen or so years ago, and also DCA corps appearing in standstill at some of the spring alumni shows.

• 4 weeks later...

Did not know Kilties came east for a parade and stand still show .I know one year Pioneer came east for the Saint Patricks Day parade on 5th Ave in New York City .Not sure of the year but don't think it was that long ago .

The only ones I know of that come to mind are more "alumni corps" type of shows, like America's Hometown Thanksgiving in Plymouth, MA or some of the alumni shows in the spring. Occasionally there will be competing corps that participate in some of these, I recall the Kilties coming to Plymouth a couple times a dozen or so years ago, and also DCA corps appearing in standstill at some of the spring alumni shows.

I pretty sure one of the years was 1997 when I was teaching the CT Alumni ... the year I saw them, they were not able to bring out a full corps due to cost constraints ... but what they did bring did very fine ...

:-)

• Like 1