Can Bluecoats win gold?

Simple answer: No.

I saw all the shows down here in Texas. All I can simply say, is the Bluecoats have created one of the best show concepts. It is different and unique. There is a theme. While the show needs some thought to follow, they have all the ingredients to win. That being said, Blue Devils and Cadets are also on an extremely high level right now as well. Santa Clara is even coming on strong. With all that being said, and for my personal reasons which I will forgo on here, I think Blue Devils will win. However, I am strongly rooting for the Bluecoats to pull something special out and have their highest placement yet.

I think BC's are great this year, I just do not think their show is emotional enough to pull past BD this year like Phantom did in 08. I actually think that SCV is going to pass BC as their show is just coming together and does have that emotional aspect I think BC lacks. IMHO

• Like 1

The corps at the 'top' this year are VERY solid. I don't think it's a stretch to see 5 corps bunched inside a 3 point range. This could come down to just 1-2 captions deciding one corps moving 2 places in either direction, maybe 3 places. I do think Blue Devils are the clear favorite, but how sure can anyone really be? You can pretty much throw a blanket over 5 corps at this time. As I see it, winning Semi-Finals will be a huge help to the Finals judging panel in choosing their caption winners.

Simple answer: No.

Thanks for the in-depth analysis.

Audiences don't "enjoy" different shows in the same way. Some shows are more emotional, some more intellectual, some you appreciate the execution or demand and some the creativity impresses. Not all shows are "fun" type shows - which I think a lot of you guys are mistaking for "best GE" -- VK was almost always the crowd favorite because they were fun - but I'm hoping no one thinks they should have "won GE" because of laughing and standing O's... Madison is very "in your face" some years and ends their shows with company fronts drawing the crowd out of their seats. Doesn't mean they have the best G

I love Coats - and get the crowd reaction - but their show lacks GE right now - it doesn't shape well, a little flat, then the very fun ending. And I'm saying this as someone who wants them to win. They are running 4th or so in GE right now, 3rd some nights. As they should be.

In your opinion.

Bluecoats adding changes tonight, early viewers are saying it is something special and takes it to "a whole new level". Will be interesting to see the effect on "content".

• Like 2

Bluecoats adding changes tonight, early viewers are saying it is something special and takes it to "a whole new level". Will be interesting to see the effect on "content".

Gaaaaaahhhhhhh! I really hope I can watch it!

Nice. Still think they're not maximizing the crowd response to the pitch bend. Looking forward to seeing what they cooked up.