Posting pictures

mjyaub

I would like to post pictures from the Opelika Alabama show this Thursday. My question is how to post them to DCP using an iphone5?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any help with this appreciated.

First upload them to an image hosting site (I prefer imgur, but there are others). Then put them in a post here using the image tool and the url from the hosting site.

Test picture.... Thanks

• 8 months later...

Dropbox is another great respository for photos and other files. It is easy to use, provides 2Gb of storage, integrates with your desktop (Windoze and Mac) and mobile devices (iOS, Android, etc), and best of all - is FREE (for the first 2Gb).

Simply place your images in a Dropbox folder, let it sync with the server .... and you're ready to share the images.

Right (or Ctrl)-click on the image file in the folder you'd like to share and should see a menu pop-up with a list of things you can do with the file. If Dropbox has been installed on your computer, you should have an option for "Share Dropbox Link"

shareDropboxLink.png

Click on the link and you should have the link to the image stored in your local Clipboard.

Open the Forum Post Editor you'd like to insert the image in and click on the IMAGE icon in the tool bar.

insertImageIcon.png

A window will open, where you will PASTE (Ctrl-V) the URL Dropbox copied into your local Clipboard.

pasteImageURL.png

DROPBOX-specific Additional Instructions

At the very end of the URL address, you'll want to remove the "?dl=0" and replace it with "?raw=1"

correctImageURL.png

With that change made, press the "OK" button and your image will be included in the Forum Post.

NOTE: BE SURE TO SAVE THE POST ("Add Reply") ... otherwise all of your hard work will be lost.

I hope this helps and makes posting/embedding images easier for you.

-john

• 3 months later...

John -- Yes, Dropbox is a good resource and I use it regularly for posting using a full web browser. I think the original question was how to post an image from the mobile (iPhone) app. There doesn't appear to be an image tool available even when you switch to the full version using the mobile app -- or at least, I don't know where to look.

I will often get a photo from someone at a show (as a text msg). I can then upload it to DropBox using the iPhone app and I can get the public URL. How can I insert this photo so it appears as a photo and not a URL in the Forum thread? Are there some special tags I need to use? If so, what is the format?

Thanks!

It appears that the Invision code for the version we run does not provide the editing tools available in the desktop version. I've seen reports that there were a number of problems with the "Full Editor" on an iPhone, so it was removed.

There may be some expanded features in the latest version - but we won't be considering any updates to the core IPB software until the fall.

-john

It appears that the Invision code for the version we run does not provide the editing tools available in the desktop version. I've seen reports that there were a number of problems with the "Full Editor" on an iPhone, so it was removed.

There may be some expanded features in the latest version - but we won't be considering any updates to the core IPB software until the fall.

-john

Thanks for the info!