Colts colorguard

Hey, I was thinking about trying out for the colts. I know they aren't finalist but I would still like to be there working hard in order to get the desired result. However, since they arent a high ranking corps I was wondering if their guard would be a challenge for me.(im tossing 5's and 6's)

Hey, I was thinking about trying out for the colts. I know they aren't finalist but I would still like to be there working hard in order to get the desired result. However, since they arent a high ranking corps I was wondering if their guard would be a challenge for me.(im tossing 5's and 6's)

guard is much more than tossing. I would suggest really watching all what is required, contact someone on their staff, save your money, see what they require in an audition, work on movement , as in dance etc etc. not sure how old you are BUT see if age is an issue ( probably not )really look at the commitment. Are you in a HS guard?

also, don't assume just because they arent a finalists that its easy breezy. Only you know if any corps would be a challenge for you.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

Be sure to have a good dance foundation. Movement is such a big part of today's guards.

• Like 1

That is a big misconception about the non-top 12 corps that they are at a lesser talent level! Speaking as a parent of a current member, my wife and I couldn't be any happier about the experience that our son has had (and hopes to continue to have in future years). Members of the corps are challenged on a daily basis and want to succeed for themselves as well as for the people they have around them. If you are considering auditioning for them, definitely contact Vicki MacFarlane (director), and gather as much information as you can. It's shocking walking in the Six Flags Center in Dubuque in November and all of a sudden you see 300-400 other people your age trying out. It's a fantastic family type atmosphere and Vicki is wonderful and will answer any questions you may have if you email her.

Try e-mailing Melissa with any specific questions, she works in the Colts office and is a Color Guard Vet: Office@colts.org

(She is also super nice! Just keep in mind things are crazy this time of year and she might not get back to you right away, as she is likely traveling with the Colts or Colt Cadets most days until they get home from Indy)

Yes, it will be a challenge. There is more to it than tossing a 5 or 6. I'd suggest you get yourself in a winterguard if you're not already. They expect a strong guard who work hard and work together and can learn new choreography quickly. My daughter loves it!

• Like 1