Im sorry DCI, you need to fix the scoring again

They should fix the scoring because BD should be 3 points ahead of the field they are that good.

Remember, there were a LOT of corps performing today.

Judges had to start somewhere, and when you start getting to the last 5-6 groups, it starts getting kinda hard to fit in spreads.

I have a feeling they will start opening it up a little bit tomorrow, to fit in appropriate spreads.

Expect the bottom corps to score lower than tonight.

And for Saturday, expect Crossmen to drop to about 84-85.

Doesn't mean they were worse than before, just means judges had to open up the scale to fit spreads.

I believe 2.5 points is the DCI record for biggest gap between 1st and 2nd. Set by 1973 Vanguard, if I remember correctly.

Cavs 2002 won by less than 2 points.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

I stayed off the forums this year exactly due to threads like this one. But, it continues to amaze me that haters gotta hate, and no matter what, someone will complain that BD's drill is too easy, not has hard as the others etc... But, it is pretty encouraging to see that there is so much support for BD this year.

IMO, the show is very very good, and performed at levels not seen in a long time. Do it up, Deviils!

• Like 2

I think that part of why people may think the BD score was too high is because of the way they did cameras angles during the BD show. I've seen the show live a couple of times and I've watched it online a couple of times along with a lot of the other shows. Tonight almost all of the coverage of BD was close-up camera shots. Even when they weren't in close most of the shots were still low and at an odd angle. With the other corps they tended to use high cameras more and you got a good overall sense of the show design. The way they covered BD tonight you basically couldn't get any sense of the show design at all. It was really, really terrible. If the only time I had ever seen BD was at the theater tonight I too would have though the judges were nuts. But go watch it on the Fan Network and compare it with the other corps and I think you get a much more favorable opinion of it.

When it comes to brass though I think Crown is in an entirely different league than any of the others. The brass scoring should have reflected that. I was also blown away by Bluecoats and SCV. For me, the Cadets show is the one I don't get. I think the rest of the top 6 all have much more engaging show designs than the Cadets this year. But then I'm not an expert, just a fan of the activity.

I really thought Crown had a good run tonight and expected to see them in the 4th slot over SCV.

Other than the obvious spread in percussion I am surprised Crown continues falling behind them.

The discrepancy in guard makes no sense to me. I guess one must really be at field level to be able to figure that out clearly.

they should be more than 1.5 points ahead...they're on another level

Edited by ShouldveMarchedAgeOut
  • Like 3

Are the Blue Devils good? Yes

Should they win this year? Perhaps

Are they 2 points better than the 2nd place corps? Not on your bleeping life

denial, not just a river in Egypt

• Like 3

BD is gonna take the all-time score. calling it. not the only one i'm sure