2014 Drum Corps International World Championships World Class Finals

I have to really give it up for Blue Knights as well tonight. What a haunting arrangement. You could tell that people were holding back tears tonight. So proud of you guys!

• Like 2

Ahhhh...nice to DCP has reverted back to form with kid-like bickering.

I was wondering where it had gone, was actually pretty civil tonight until scores were announced. Oh well, you must be a proud alum. 1994 up there with my all time favorites sir, ya'll rocked.

Who said I'm bagging on BD? I freaking love BD. This is merely a critique on the ridiculousness that is DCI judging. After all, it's the judging that determines the future of DCI.

Dude, you called out "park and blow". I am not one to take a timer to shows, but I would bet you dollars for donuts that both of the (AWESOME) Blues had about the same amount of "park and blow" this year. They ALSO both had some amazing moving while playing bits... around stationary stuff (which, despite popular opinion) is hard to do (because if someone screws up in placing aforementioned stationary objects, things get interesting, quick).

First off, Congrats to BD. You should have won, no doubt. 99.65? Don't think it should have been near that high but that's my opinion. Those of you saying how classy it was that BD congratulated Bluecoats? It was, but I can tell you from experience that had the shoe been on the other foot and BD lost it would not have happened.

Funny....I seem to recall BD going into Crown's block to congratulate them LAST YEAR.

So....you're wrong.

You can bet your ### that if the sheets changed to reward super high demand, the Blue Devils would put out a show so hard only they could achieve it. If the sheets rewarded baby throwing, no corps would throw a baby anywhere near as far, with as much accuracy, and with as much style as Devils would.

You want to hate the game? Fine, I have no issue with that. But don't hate the guy who plays it better than you do. The fact that the Blue Devils have won 16 championships in five different decades under who knows how many judging systems proves that.

I'm not hating the game. I just said that corps that do it right are awesome to see and I've been an avid supporter of BD and Bluecoats all season and in my opinion had the 2 best shows when it comes down to it. I like the shows I marched, but now is a different era in DCI and I am excited to see the direction that it goes in. Great writers and designers and performers will continue to find a way to rise above any criteria set before them, as they always have. Edited by Bannedforlife

I don't feel I'm being "whiny" at all. I have had experience with beating BD in the past, and they were negative all 3 years I marched. If that has changed with BD I would love to hear it and welcome it, but from my personal experience, and the attacks and names I was called in retreat block, that is what I remember so that is what I put with BD when they do not win. I have two titles and a silver, why should I feel the need to whine?

Beeeeeecccause you're DOING it?

You "guaranteed" BD would not congratulate a corps if they'd been beaten....you were proven wrong....many times....yet you continue to dig the hole deeper.

• Like 1

OK.. Just to stir the pot a little....why WAS BD congratulating Bluecoats a classy move? Trying to figure this one out...... Is congratulating someone for beating someone (while that someone else is standing right there) a classy move? Why bot congratulate Cadets for taking the bronze?

And for the record, I think Bluecoats deserved the silver.

They did applaud for Cadets. It's right there on the video when 3rd place is announced.

But surely it's not hard to understand why they'd want to congratulate the silver medalists, standing right next to them, who just received the highest score and placement in their corps' history. It was great to see BD acknowledge what tonight meant to the Bluecoats.

• Like 1

In regards to BD congratulating a corps that has beat them, I am glad to see them do that. That is the spirit of DCI in my mind. But my personal experience as an FMM remains the same, I cannot change that. At that time when we beat BD we heard nothing but jeers and classless comments. Heck, in 04 we road the BD busses during tour of champions and saw "FTV" and "FTC" on the blinds of those busses. So again, my personal experience with BD is not positive, though I am glad to see them acting in a classy manner now.

• Like 4