2015 Predictions

DrumManTx I would like to voice my appreciation for your continued attention to the lower scoring corps who get very little love here. Your support of Cascades, Pioneer, Mandarins, PC, OC, Surf, etc. is so important. I like how you characterize Cascades' show last year as the "one of the smartest shows out there". You are truly a fan!

The big, big shake ups are most likely to happen below the top 12. Just look at what happened last year!

My guess is that certain corps who were caught off guard last year with a lower placement than expected are going to be out for just as much blood as the Cadets are out for. Just sayin...

• Like 5

I think Cadets would be really ###### if they came in 3rd for a third year in a row.

And...?

Sorry this just made me lol a little.

What are they gonna do?

Move camp to Indiana?

Start ST in April?

Get even more madder? Cadets never seem to lack motivation.

Sorry all in good fun.

I'd LOVE to see Crown, Coats, Cadets in that order. Just to see what happens.

Cadets would be in 3rd again and BD would not medal. Surely the world would end!

• Like 1

DrumManTx I would like to voice my appreciation for your continued attention to the lower scoring corps who get very little love here. Your support of Cascades, Pioneer, Mandarins, PC, OC, Surf, etc. is so important. I like how you characterize Cascades' show last year as the "one of the smartest shows out there". You are truly a fan!

The big, big shake ups are most likely to happen below the top 12. Just look at what happened last year!

My guess is that certain corps who were caught off guard last year with a lower placement than expected are going to be out for just as much blood as the Cadets are out for. Just sayin...

I think anyone who's out there marching deserves some recognition. I say why not enjoy every end of the spectrum competitively? There's some truly awesome shows down there that go unnoticed. And I agree, a corps with something to prove is a dangerous thing, and I can think of 3 or 4 from last year that have reason to be pretty passionate about what they're doing this summer. Going to be a blast to watch. Last year 15th - 20th was all over the place, was the most fun to watch competitively for me.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

These are my predictions for the top 5 places for the 2015 DCI World Class.

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. Bluecoats

4. Cavaliers

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

(This was not based upon any show that any corps has announced, these are purely my predictions on what I believe the outcome might be)

These are my predictions for the top 5 places for the 2015 DCI World Class.

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. Bluecoats

4. Cavaliers

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

(This was not based upon any show that any corps has announced, these are purely my predictions on what I believe the outcome might be)

Crown out of the top 5... Somehow I can't see that happening.

And...?

What are they gonna do?

Move camp to Indiana?

Start ST in April?

Sorry all in good fun.

Cadets would be in 3rd again and BD would not medal. Surely the world would end!

I think the returning Cadets veterans have mucho motivation considering finals night placement compared with every other night.

I think the returning Cadets veterans have mucho motivation considering finals night placement compared with every other night.

Thank you. That was my point. Sometimes I think corpsband's Crown is on too tight.
  • Like 1

I'm not sure "boring" is proper criteria for judging.

While that word may not appear on the sheets, I think it's there by implication (and it should be). At the Fort Wayne show last year, Boston changed their big move from center to downfield-left--the one that preceded their ballad. In earlier performances, it had been a tight block march, now it was a more free-form, animalistic transition. I could hear a judge in the box say that the corps, in making that change, had made that section of the show more interesting. He didn't use the word "boring", but clearly his meaning was that previously that's how the move had seemed to him.

And...?

What are they gonna do?

Move camp to Indiana?

Start ST in April?

Sorry all in good fun.

I'd rather see it as Cadets, Crown and Coats...in THAT order.

• Like 1