Staff merrigoround

You win. I simply cannot stand to be part of this site right now with people forwarding the most ridiculous replies to anything.

I have to agree Lincoln. We are all entitled to our opinions but when certain ones are shoved at you 24x365 by a few posters..it's time to push the keyboard aside.

That's what that aftertaste was. Hmmm. The more you know.

That's making the most of what you have...and to think they were aiming for swans.

I forgot to thank you for another season of nasty, worthless comments that do nothing but detract from the tremendous efforts put forth by the members of The 2014 Regiment. I'll chime in again....it's all about the journey. Doesn't matter if you get there in a Cadillac or a Hyundai, or a swan, the journey is the same and this year's corps are better people because of it. Try and keep that in mind while venting your dislike of certain people, myself included. Talk to me when you have the courage to state who you are so I can better understand your bias against the organization. Until then, I can only read your posts and see someone with an ax to grind and does so at every given opportunity. You come across as an angry, bitter person which is pretty sad. You're supposed to enjoy drum corps.

If your summer has been reduced to degrading an organization that has brought a ton of entertainment to the activity, then I suggest some other hobby for you. Cross stitch perhaps?

I forgot to thank you for another season of nasty, worthless comments that do nothing but detract from the tremendous efforts put forth by the members of The 2014 Regiment. I'll chime in again....it's all about the journey. Doesn't matter if you get there in a Cadillac or a Hyundai, or a swan, the journey is the same and this year's corps are better people because of it. Try and keep that in mind while venting your dislike of certain people, myself included. Talk to me when you have the courage to state who you are so I can better understand your bias against the organization. Until then, I can only read your posts and see someone with an ax to grind and does so at every given opportunity. You come across as an angry, bitter person which is pretty sad. You're supposed to enjoy drum corps.

If your summer has been reduced to degrading an organization that has brought a ton of entertainment to the activity, then I suggest some other hobby for you. Cross stitch perhaps?

You're welcome!

Thanks for missing all my points. I have never slighted the marchers (who aren't kids btw). If this is to be a true educational experience, then it is about the vehicle. The marchers deserve better. The fans do, too.

Please get back with me when you can understand more views than your own. Until then, do ignore me.

And btw, if you think all is well in Rockford, your blind loyalty is a liability.

Edited by chaos001

That's debatable...

You're right, 84Sop. Maybe an interesting illustration of a phrase being a redundancy and an oxymoron at the same time.

• Like 1

Although I have no idea about the new staff changes at Phantom, it's good to see that Christian Carichner and Bret Kuhn are back this year.

I hope Phantom tr some new things this year. Maybe the new CG caption head can get them to add guys to the guard.

The last time Phantom had guys in the guard I believe was in 2008. They happened to win the Gold Medal, but that was their Spartacus show which the entire corps performed with such power, heart and emotion at Finals they could not be denied The Title . I do like the Phantomettes, but this year they were not as strong. As a guy guard person I obviously enjoy it when guards include both genders, and the top guards this year according to the Finals recap were BD, Coats, Cadets, SCV, Crown, Blue Stars, BAC and they all fielded co-ed guards. I do respect tradition though, so maybe next year, Phantom's Phantomettes will be better, because those girls were fierce in 2013, 2012, and 2011 placing in the top 3 in guard all three of those years which was a huge leap from 2010 when they were 9th in guard at Finals. I love Phantom and I really hope that they stay strong through these staff changes. It is remarkable how the corps has been able to survive considering the horrible financial situation they were in just a few years ago. A 7th place finish at Finals is nothing to be ashamed of considering the strength of the top 12 in 2014.

The last time Phantom had guys in the guard I believe was in 2008. They happened to win the Gold Medal, but that was their Spartacus show which the entire corps performed with such power, heart and emotion at Finals they could not be denied The Title . I do like the Phantomettes, but this year they were not as strong. As a guy guard person I obviously enjoy it when guards include both genders, and the top guards this year according to the Finals recap were BD, Coats, Cadets, SCV, Crown, Blue Stars, BAC and they all fielded co-ed guards. I do respect tradition though, so maybe next year, Phantom's Phantomettes will be better, because those girls were fierce in 2013, 2012, and 2011 placing in the top 3 in guard all three of those years which was a huge leap from 2010 when they were 9th in guard at Finals. I love Phantom and I really hope that they stay strong through these staff changes. It is remarkable how the corps has been able to survive considering the horrible financial situation they were in just a few years ago. A 7th place finish at Finals is nothing to be ashamed of considering the strength of the top 12 in 2014.

Last time guys were in the guard was '10, the same time the incoming guard caption head was a staff member.

They say the proof is in the pudding so I guess we'll know next summer. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I see what they do. (Not that my opinion matters anyway, LOL.)

Give Hunt a chance. I think his drill will surprise a lot of people next year

As a followup to my post #542, I would like to welcome JudeB, JeremyH, RodF and JohnL to our corps.

Thank you as well to all those who have chosen to remain and rebuild the Regiment.

And thanks to JameyT and MattJ for all that they have contributed to the Regiment's success. We wish you well.

My hope is that the emphasis with the new Design Team is on TEAM and that the entire staff does what is necessary to, as Tim Hinton mentioned recently and with which I agree, "re-voice" the corps in music. I think Tim was primarily referencing the brass element but I would encourage an overall program re-voicing.

There has been much discussion recently re the staff changes and staff histories. I do not know any of the new guys so as far as I am concerned the slate is clean. Let's judge their results in August, 2015.

P.S. Lincoln, please stay involved in our discussions.

P.P.S. Is it about time to start a 2015 Phantom Regiment forum? How about an October 1, 2014 start date?

• Like 4