Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Very cool stuff going on in those Tanglewood videos.

Just re-watched a video of the show from Gillette. That opening is officially one of my favorite moments of the year, but those trumpets REALLY need to bring it after that synth opening! Way too weak after that grand opening and need to project a lot more, and they can clearly do it based on the rest of the show. Well done design team, just clean, clean, clean!

Very cool stuff going on in those Tanglewood videos.

Just re-watched a video of the show from Gillette. That opening is officially one of my favorite moments of the year, but those trumpets REALLY need to bring it after that synth opening! Way too weak after that grand opening and need to project a lot more, and they can clearly do it based on the rest of the show. Well done design team, just clean, clean, clean!

Some re-staging has been done for the opener and will probably be in the Minni show...I get the effect of the battling kingdoms right now between the different sections of the corps...but I do agree with you on this point...

So BAC should be wrapping up 4 days of work work work which I hope translates to clean clean clean. Hope field staging is improved as well as movement of props. Mostly though I hope they open up brass volume and show off some of the trumpet and mello features and tough parts. They play a lot of stuff but it has gone unnoticed. Eat em up Boston.

• Like 2

Every time I see new pictures of the kids during a show, I see incredible intensity and emotion on all of their faces. These kids are absolutely performing their butts off. Obviously, there have been wild swings this summer in terms of the judges' scores, affecting corps at all levels of the DCI World Class. We used to complain about slotting...now it seems like it is the other way around. Regardless, I have faith that these kids are going to continue to rise and in the end, produce a show for the ages. I am so very proud of all 150 Boston Crusaders! Keep working, guys! You are all GIANTS!

• Like 1

It is my hope that the work the kids (and staff) are putting in is directly performance related and is more in the vein of cleaning both visually and musically. I hope there is less tinkering with show design except for the most critical aspects of the show. Last year there seemed to be more show tinkering (maybe as a result of an ego conflict) than dedicated performance enhancement and adjustments to aid cleaning. What might be seen as improvement in the judges eyes at this point is cleaning; where it is unmistakeable that the show is improving from a performance and clarity. Subtle design changes won't get it done. Design changes that are installed that don't get a chance to be cleaned, because they are new, will leave the impression that the show isn't getting better. Gains will be hard in coming.

Back from vac. The 4th with BAC and the pops just awesome ( they induce drum corp to the world). They played on the level and above with the pops . Comment around news CBS,WBZ very talented people ect. just awesome. Tangelwood Boston did a great job and brought the sound that they did with the pops at the hat shell (great job). Boston drum line and horn line was the main feature at tangle wood with BD. A lot of comments from on how talent the kid were in BAC/BD. A lot of great comments around BAC 2015 show a tangle wood ( BAC music was not over bearing etc). IMO BAC show in the mid west was under scored and Minneapolis scoring was out to lunch. ( But what do i know. i seen drum corp for over 50 years). To all the kid's that work so hard you are the best.

• Like 1

Been lurking all summer but just wanted to check in and wish the corps I love good luck throughout the summer.

Ben

99-00

Nice job last night, BAC! And this show provides us a truth which we already knew--and some of us forgot...it doesn't make any sense to wring our hands over some "Corps Standing" list, when those numbers are derived from different shows on different nights judged by different panels. One of the corps which (as of the day before yesterday) was "ranked" above Boston got beaten by BAC by 4 points last night. I'm really looking forward to the corps' swing through Texas, and good luck to them throughout!

• Like 1