Bridgeport, CT FANFARE NO BS REVIEW!

thats a sweet arrangement. And seriously. I like the Marines D&BC, but I also think as a throwback to where the activity came from, there needs to be more groups like what you all do, and DCI should have something like this at the big events.

• Like 1

I'm not a numbers guy, because I feel sometimes they start in an arbitrary place at the beginning of the season, and then it often feels like they are given a rate of growth much like a university or government payband schedule. hahahaha. But I am certain that if they had played Procession better, then the Hurcs would be staring at their behinds right now. Not by much, but still... hindsight yknow.

It's a point very well taken and that a good adjudicator is very aware of. The point is very well taken about how scores rarely adjust backwards in DCA, Carolina Gold's number at Reading is one of a very few I can think of this season.

Sometimes, the safe thing to do is just jack it up a couple of tenths in each box, avoid the hassles. I'm really not feeling that I'm seeing that this season, though. Ream might have a better guess on that.

• Like 1

thats a sweet arrangement. And seriously. I like the Marines D&BC, but I also think as a throwback to where the activity came from, there needs to be more groups like what you all do, and DCI should have something like this at the big events.

DCI has had some one-shot alumni corps over the years. I've heard mixed reactions to it. Either people seem to despise them or absolutely adore them depending on who you ask. Again, heard very mixed comments on the Bridgemen Alumni at East.

I think the problem is some people get it- or they absolutely do not. My guess is that people who never performed tend not to. Or people who don't get that many of us enjoy playing but simply don't have the time, money, or energy to commit to a full time corps.

• Like 1

DCI has had some one-shot alumni corps over the years. I've heard mixed reactions to it. Either people seem to despise them or absolutely adore them depending on who you ask. Again, heard very mixed comments on the Bridgemen Alumni at East.

I think the problem is some people get it- or they absolutely do not. My guess is that people who never performed tend not to. Or people who don't get that many of us enjoy playing but simply don't have the time, money, or energy to commit to a full time corps.

I can see that. And with the direction the activity has gone, as well as BOA and the other circuits I can see where this gets mixed reactions. But we shouldn't forget where we came from. Because I'm sure the Marines get Mixed Reviews for being a little different of a style than DCI.

• Like 1

It's a point very well taken and that a good adjudicator is very aware of. The point is very well taken about how scores rarely adjust backwards in DCA, Carolina Gold's number at Reading is one of a very few I can think of this season.

Sometimes, the safe thing to do is just jack it up a couple of tenths in each box, avoid the hassles. I'm really not feeling that I'm seeing that this season, though. Ream might have a better guess on that.

I'm pretty sure 95% of the judges aren't guessing, they are going off the box criteria. one or two well.....

I can see that. And with the direction the activity has gone, as well as BOA and the other circuits I can see where this gets mixed reactions. But we shouldn't forget where we came from. Because I'm sure the Marines get Mixed Reviews for being a little different of a style than DCI.

The Marines don't get any guff, in part because people understand they're the Marines and they need to do things the way marines do it, period.

Also because they perform very, very well.

Also because they do put out an entertaining show with very well-written arrangements.

I haven't even got to how everyone (has to be 99 percent at least, huh? I hope!) also appreciates the fact the Marines do what they do for all of us and how they put up with what they put up with.

The only time I ever felt a little down on them was at a contest where it was very, very hot and they just felt a teeny bit flat in their performance. When I didn't stand, some crazy lady accused me of being some kinda left wing commie anarchist pinko. I disabused her of that idea quickly and pointedly, and just said I felt they had a better show in them, and how dare she associate my political views with what I sincerely felt wasn't a performance worthy of the standing-O.

The Marine D and B folks are great people, too. Very kind, outgoing, and extremely serious about their craft and how they represent the Corps, and I don't just mean Drum Corps. :satisfied:

The Marines don't get any guff, in part because people understand they're the Marines and they need to do things the way marines do it, period.

Also because they perform very, very well.

Also because they do put out an entertaining show with very well-written arrangements.

I haven't even got to how everyone (has to be 99 percent at least, huh? I hope!) also appreciates the fact the Marines do what they do for all of us and how they put up with what they put up with.

The only time I ever felt a little down on them was at a contest where it was very, very hot and they just felt a teeny bit flat in their performance. When I didn't stand, some crazy lady accused me of being some kinda left wing commie anarchist pinko. I disabused her of that idea quickly and pointedly, and just said I felt they had a better show in them, and how dare she associate my political views with what I sincerely felt wasn't a performance worthy of the standing-O.

The Marine D and B folks are great people, too. Very kind, outgoing, and extremely serious about their craft and how they represent the Corps, and I don't just mean Drum Corps. :satisfied:

So some lady went all 'Merican on you?

I'm pretty sure 95% of the judges aren't guessing, they are going off the box criteria. one or two well.....

Well, yes. :satisfied: That being said, there are shades of gray in each box, and sometimes they get played with. From looking at certain examples this season, I can think of at least 2-3 where the judge obviously didn't play it safe. I'd rather see that than seeing them just get out a rubber stamp and just give a corps a score 4-5 tenths higher than last weeks number to keep them happy, even if I might disagree with the result or decision, I still respect it.

So some lady went all 'Merican on you?

Yes. I'd say I'm pretty 'Merican to, but I also respect every corps on the field enough to stand when I think it's deserved and not just do it to be polite.

I want them to know when I get off my fanny, it's because they did a FINE performance. Like at Chester when I made the Blue Coats crowd cam on FB when Iost it. When I Bloo'd, I think my voice went up 3 octaves. :satisfied:

Well, yes. :satisfied: That being said, there are shades of gray in each box, and sometimes they get played with. From looking at certain examples this season, I can think of at least 2-3 where the judge obviously didn't play it safe. I'd rather see that than seeing them just get out a rubber stamp and just give a corps a score 4-5 tenths higher than last weeks number to keep them happy, even if I might disagree with the result or decision, I still respect it.

sorry not everyone has the balls drum judges do

:tounge2:

• Like 2