Whats up with Dynasty Brass?

jeff danchik

No one seems to have Dynasty horns forsale and they are missing from their web page!

If you go to the site and click on products and only brass accessories show up.The local Dynasty dealer I deal with the current catalog doesn't include brass horns either.

Guess they are phasing some things out.

Edited by C.Holland

• 2 months later...

When I was marching, King returned to marching brass with some horns "built for Phantom"; BD was on Dynasty, Bluecoats were on Kanstul, and Cadets and Cavies were on Yamaha. I was away from the activity for like 5 years... and I come back and BD is on King, Phantom is on Jupiter, nobody's on Kanstul (but they are open for business), and Dynasty has closed their brass shop. I feel like I missed something.

What's the story? does anybody know?

Kanstul - smartly - has partnered with Tama to offer brass and drum packages. Genesis posted on Facebook the other day the start of a campaign to pay for the conversion. I still have no idea what's going on with Dynasty. The web pages are still there, even if they're not on the header menu.

Mike

I have it on good authority (the until-recently VP of Marketing and Sales for Dynasty) that brass sales are alive and well. Marching brass is built by Weril in Brazil while bugles are built in Lake Geneva. The USAF Academy just recently (within the past year or two) seems to have purchased a whole new line of Dynasty G bugles.

• 4 weeks later...

Not asking for trade secrets, but just wondering in general. Until recently it seemed Kanstul was getting out of the drum corps business, and I had heard anecdotally years ago that they were unhappy with corps' general inability to pay off financed horn lines. What changed for them? New management? More stable organizations to buy from them?

Mike