2014 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary Competition

Who were you with that year?

I was on the brass staff at Carolina Gold, and ran ensemble rehearsals. I ended up replacing the drum major who quit the week of Wildwood. If I was ever against members being on staff (or vice versa) before, I absolutely was after that summer. Running rehearsals while conducting was difficult at best, believe me.

Could be they offered the Exhibition to Sun and they said no.I mean after all the shxxxx they took on here last year would you as a director put your corps in that postion again ; l don't think I would .So as you guys so proudly declare you got a another so call LOSSER to pick on this year the 12th place corps .Can't wait to see you all eat-um up .If you really think about it ,since thiers only one winner I guess the others are all LOSSER 'S

Edited by Florida Sun

Hey, at least you were sort of dry. I was soaked to the bone and freezing, all while trying not to get blown off the podium.

I can assure you we were not. The pressbox was like a concrete block and fiberboard shanty building with no windows. It was more like a sideways rain windtunnel directly shooting in, even 15ft back. Never forget, Kevin, never forget. (Though thankful there were no podium spills for you :wacko: )

Edited by Danielle

Could be they offered the Exhibition to Sun and they said no.I mean after all the shxxxx they took on here last year would you as a director put your corps in that postion again ; l don't think I would .So as you guys so proudly declare you got a another so call LOSSER to pick on this year the 12th place corps .Can't wait to see you all eat-um up .If you really think about it ,since thiers only one winner I guess the others are all LOSSER 'S

Then what's the point of cutting corps after prelims? Why not just let everyone play at finals. We'll have 14 Open and 5 A Class corps. It's not a matter of winning and losing. The game is the game. If you make finals, you move on. If you don't, you shouldn't.

NO ONE was mad at Sunrisers last year for playing the exhibition. Go back and reread the thread. Many people, however, were upset with DCA for offering Sun the exhibition spot over Heartliner...you know, the group that traveled from Germany to participate, and nearly made A Class finals of their own accord. The overwhelming consensus of that thread was that there should only be an exhibition for something extraordinary, like Heartliner or the Commandant's Own.

Star United earned the exhibition spot in Finals, while Windsor Regiment did not. It's not like they invited Excelsior to perform, as the only A Class corps knocked out. Shouldn't they be playing too if that's the policy?

• Like 3

I can assure you we were not. The pressbox was like a concrete block and fiberboard shanty building with no windows. It was more like a sideways rain windtunnel directly shooting in, even 15ft back. Never forget, Kevin, never forget. (Though thankful there were no podium spills for you :wacko: )

image.png?w=400&c=1

There are other words to use rather than LOSSER ,none finalist ,close but just fell short ,I have a hard time calling any corps a losser If members or some one thinking of joining said corps was to read that ,I don't think they would join said corps.Feel bad for Windsor already being put in that postion .

There are other words to use rather than LOSSER ,none finalist ,close but just fell short ,I have a hard time calling any corps a losser If members or some one thinking of joining said corps was to read that ,I don't think they would join said corps.Feel bad for Windsor already being put in that postion .

it's loser.

• Like 1

The only one calling them a "losser" is you. No one here, and I mean NO ONE, has insinuated anything of the sort.

• Like 2

It was mentioned (more than once) during today's Alumni Spectacular, that there are four Class A corps, ten open class corps and ONE exhibition on the schedule for tonight...they wouldn't say who the exhibition corps is, but I'm guessing Star United as the mini corps winner. They also kept mentioning some kind of "50th Anniversary" tribute beginning at 5 pm...which is likely to #%$$ more than a few people off, as the posted start time on the tickets is 5:30. And now for a completely off topic comment, but Cabs Alumni tribute to Red Corso today was a tear jerker and class act all the way (not to mention a great arrangement and superbly played).

• Like 2

Well then maybe you should go back and read all the remarks from last year ,they sure had loser in more than on place and from more then one person .