2014 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

I may have seen it differently, but congrats to Bucs. As an alumnus I am proud of that performance. The absolutely astonishing penalty by the T&P judge on the other hand, was a horrible thing to do, and DCA has some explaining to do.

I was sitting in aisle 106 right where the penalty happened. She definitely stepped over the line by accident and the T&P judge was right there. This is why I tell my designers NEVER to bring anyone other than pit into the pit area.

• Like 2

I was sitting in aisle 106 right where the penalty happened. She definitely stepped over the line by accident and the T&P judge was right there. This is why I tell my designers NEVER to bring anyone other than pit into the pit area.

It's still a ticky tack penalty and a really crappy thing to do to a performer, especially if it was an accident. Really, really bad form by the T&P judge.

• Like 2

Two judges assigned the Bucs a 100 with two corps left to perform. How does that leave room for either of the final two corps to score higher? Did those two judges feel that neither of the two remaining corps could possibly be better? Two additional judges assigned MBI a 100 with Cabs no room left to score higher. How could Cab be determined to NOT BE TOPS in four captions before performing?

How can a judge make it impossible for any corps to outscore a corps that performed before them?

I don't ask this question as sour grapes, I don't see how the four 100s are consistent with the scoring system. Ticks? Yes, perfection can happen with the first corps. But shutting out a corps before they perform means the Cabs performed with NO CHANCE of outscoring MBI or Bucs in four captions.

Perhaps I don't understand the scoring system as well as I thought I did.

Joe

EDITED: a later post explained that the sub-caption scores are NOT assigned as a corps finishes, but after watching and evaluating a block of corps. Therefore, my question is flawed, as is the argument that the Cabs were not given a proper chance to top both. My apology for MY misunderstanding of the process.

Edited by JoeDz

Two judges assigned the Bucs a 100 with two corps left to perform. How does that leave room for either of the final two corps to score higher? Did those two judges feel that neither of the two remaining corps could possibly be better? Two additional judges assigned MBI a 100 with Cabs no room left to score higher. How could Cab se be determined to NOT BE TOPS in four captions before performing?

How can a judge make it impossible for any corps to outscore a corps that performed before them?

I don't ask this question as sour grapes, I don't see how the four 100s are consistent with the scoring system. Ticks? Yes, perfection can happen with the first corps. But shutting out a corps before they perform means the Cabs performed with NO CHANCE of outscoring MBI or Bucs in four captions.

Perhaps I don't understand the scoring system as well as I thought I did.

Joe

In DCA, Judges don't turn in numbers until everyone has performed.

Edited by Kamarag

In DCA, Judges don't turn in numbers until everyone has performed.

I think the only exception is Prelims until the top 10 or so... Still scratching my head, but Congrats to the Buccaneers...

The music effect of Frank in the back doesn't come across on the stream nearly as well as it does live. It's awesome.

Yeah, when he turns to face backfield and the sound still comes through clearly, it sure is.