2014 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

After a crescendo to the release, the horns turn back field again and finish the ballad. Percussion is equipped again and ready to start the next section of the show.

Guard is split between rifles and flags during the drum solo.

I really like this show, but I admit I'll be really happy when the current trend of Jetsons-esque unis like this one (particularly hats) finally runs it's course. I think there's a way to be non-traditional without looking a tad goofy.

American Salute is the main theme of the third selection, though the pit switches to Appalachian Spring again.

Flags are a variation of the American flag, with red and white strips, but curved and various sizes, and a blue section in the corner where the star field would be.

Back to Appalachian Spring for the end of the show.

Kudos to the percussion section. They're ramming notes with intensity out there.

Cincinnati Tradition:

20140831_174724.jpg

Next on the field is the Sun Devils from Orlando, Florida. Their 2014 program is entitled "In Fire Forged".

By the way, the starting gun is fired at the start of each corps' 17 minutes as opposed to the start of the show. This makes sense as some corps have pre-show activity.

• Like 1