Season 23: Off-Season Rules Proposals

Galen

I'll be posting them shortly- been a very busy day.

no problem just thought i was losing it lol

• 4 months later...

For Season 24:

Name/Corps represented: Eleran/Dewsbury Regulars, Huddersfield Hundred and Mirfield Lockmen

Proposal name: Show Awards

Proposal description/purpose: Ultimately, this fantasy league comes down to mere number crunching - pick a caption that is likely to bring you scores - and is completely divorced from the creative element that some find even more interesting (and what often drives the love of drum corps in general - the music!). Since some fantasy corps take very seriously the element of selecting a show title/theme/music, etc., and yet none of that translates into the scores in any way .. how about some sort of Award for "Best Show" or something? I'm open to ideas how to implement - it would take a lot of cross-referencing to the "show announcement" thread, of course, but could be something as simple as a Poll thread.

Just food for thought.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For Season 24:

Name/Corps represented: Eleran/Dewsbury Regulars, Huddersfield Hundred and Mirfield Lockmen

Proposal description/purpose: Ultimately, this fantasy league comes down to mere number crunching - pick a caption that is likely to bring you scores - and is completely divorced from the creative element that some find even more interesting (and what often drives the love of drum corps in general - the music!). Since some fantasy corps take very seriously the element of selecting a show title/theme/music, etc., and yet none of that translates into the scores in any way .. how about some sort of Award for "Best Show" or something? I'm open to ideas how to implement - it would take a lot of cross-referencing to the "show announcement" thread, of course, but could be something as simple as a Poll thread.

Just food for thought.

A bit early. Rules Congresses are held after every live season, so the next rule changes can be proposed after this summer (Season 24) and would not go into effect until Season 25.

gcurrier used to run something similar to what you suggest (DCP-I Times), maybe contact him about reviving that publication and helping out with it.

I'm right there with you, though. I spend weeks to months figuring out my show designs every season. It's one of my favorite parts of the whole activity.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

For Season 24:

Just food for thought.

I know its not open for voting yet, but I'm totally behind this idea. I'd be willing to put some time in to get more directors participating in the creative side again.