Regiment '15

Kinda hard to compare this version of the Organ Symphony to Phantom's 1990 version, imho. That's THE definitive drumcorps version....

That's the reality of drum corp remakes. They have to be far better than the originals to sell.

Unfortunately that's not the case for any of the regiment remake.

• Like 3

That's the reality of drum corp remakes. They have to be far better than the originals to sell.

Eh. I find the 2012 version of Nessun Dorma to be better than the 1991 version.

I like Vienna Teng's Hymn of Axciom 10X better than Bluecoats last year, but I still thought they sold it very well.

While we await Crown's organ master to do some tweeking with the Regiment's closer, here's something for those who find Regiment 2015 too light, fun, and airy to their liking: some Phantom stuff for the Regiment we all know and love.

hidden.jpg

5Explore the hidden side of the city

See a different side to Paris with a tour of the catacombs. This labyrinthine construction is home to the remains of six million Parisians that were transferred here in the 18th and 19th centuries. In this maze of dark galleries and narrow passageways, look out for bones arranged in a macabre display of high Romantic taste.

Oh wait. Bones? Darn those Crossmen.

Edited by xandandl

Eh. I find the 2012 version of Nessun Dorma to be better than the 1991 version.

Meh, having watched both live 2012 was not even in the same realm as 1991. 2012 was ok, 91 was something special.

• Like 2

Meh, having watched both live 2012 was not even in the same realm as 1991. 2012 was ok, 91 was something special.

I've got an idea: Let's see, going to dci.org now... okay, now I click on "Mulitmedia" and watch these 2 shows on the Fan Network...

DOH!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1