Whatever Happened to Phantom Regiment Winter Guard?

sashalinn0425

I'm a junior, and most of my college choices are in or around the Chicago area (Northwestern, UChicago, Loyola) so I was thinking I'd audition for corps closer to there, like Colts or Phantom Regiment (but not this year).

The thing is, I really wanted to do winter guard as well, and Northwestern doesn't have a winter guard anymore. I'd rather join a well-established organization but the problem is that there aren't any Independent Open or World guards in Chicago anymore.

Phantom Regiment seemed to be a good choice but it doesn't look like they've been a functioning winter guard since 2007. I can't find any information on why it folded a second time and I'd like to know. They weren't bad or anything so why would they fold? It beats me.

Brownie points if you can tell me of another guard that would be somewhat close to commute to if I were to go to a school in Chicago.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

South Shore Drill team is Independent World, based out of Chicago?

South Shore has historically (at least recently) been an all male cast, catering to inner city teens. While they may have raised their age restrictions to 24 (hence the move to IW class), I haven't heard anything about them switching from their all male ensemble.

Edited by Musicman1084

• 2 weeks later...