Interested in old Drum and Bugle Corp albums?

There is a forum for everything. :smile:

My wife and her family used to go to D+BC preformances years (decades) back and now that her parents are in their mid 80's, we have aquired all their old record albums. In there are multiple D+BC ones.

I could not figure out how to post photos of the albums. I will go into my user control panel and see if I can put the photos there.

I do not see how to subscribe to this thread to get email notifications of responses.

PM me or reply here. I'll check back now and then.

Here are a few:

1. World Senior Championships Aquinas stadium- Rochester, NY. Caballeros, Yankee Rebels, Hurricanes, Pittsburg Rockets.

2. Skyliners D+BC

3. Drum Corp Associates Championships Sept. 11, 1965- (Multiple groups)

4. Yankee Rebels, Hamilton Post 20 A.L. Baltimore, MD.

5. Penn Favotites, Reilly Radiers, Archer Epller Muserteers- Volume One

6. The sounds of Ancient Fifes and Drums, Mufic (<that is the spelling) American Revolution

7. Marching On, The Goldman Band, Playing Great Marches

8. Greatest Band In The Land, The Goldman Band, 1778- 1897

Not sure about this one. "I love America" by John W. Peterson and Don Wyrtzen.

My wife said just take all of them, Christmas albums, Kids albums, Calassical, Opera, Show tunes, Thertre organ, Botticelli, Bach, Strauss, Mantovani, Tagliavini, Guy Lombardo, Bjoerling, Jan Peerce, Jito Schipa, Mario Lanza Brass, Herb Alpert, Tenor Arias, Vergil Fox, Nelson Fox, and on and on.

Thank you,

Jeff

Edited by 240 LTS
  • Like 1

Recordings like this constitute the literature of the Drum and Bugle Corps activity and each one is a gem, a time capsule in 12 or so minutes of a unique event, never to be repeated, and (hopefully) never forgotten.

Although I could pass on the Mantovani...

• 2 months later...

For images you may need to host them yourself...do you have a site?

As for your recordings, LPs, tapes...whatever you have...you should make a back-up of them digitally before you part with them ...what you listed appears rare, you may even have the ONLY SURVIVING copy of some of those....if you sell 'em to the wrong person...the music (good or not) could be lost forever and NO MATTER WHAT ---that's bad.

If you click on "follow this topic" at upper-right, you will get a notification when you login to this site whenever someone bumps this thread. You can follow other threads the same way.

Edited by Tapper7