Madison Scouts App

So, does anybody know what happened to the Madison Scouts app? I can no longer get it to open, and when I tried to reinstall, I get a message that the app is no longer available. If Madison was going to pull the app, it would have been nice to have let people know, especially since people paid for it.

So, does anybody know what happened to the Madison Scouts app? I can no longer get it to open, and when I tried to reinstall, I get a message that the app is no longer available. If Madison was going to pull the app, it would have been nice to have let people know, especially since people paid for it.

Hi There, I asked Chris awhile back, here was his response,

"for now it has been suspended indefinitely until we can address some music licensing concerns. Because the app is streaming the audio it now fall under a new category of licensing which may make it cost prohibitive for us to provide the service."

Thanks for the response. I suspected that was most likely the case. This issue is just going to continue to be more problematic in the future. Too bad.

The app did not function last season other than allowing one to listen to audio archives. The show schedule and/or news topics were not updated the entire season. App worked as intended during the 2013 season which was when I had purchased it. As mentioned above, it recently failed to function at all. No prior notification given.

The app did not function last season other than allowing one to listen to audio archives. The show schedule and/or news topics were not updated the entire season. App worked as intended during the 2013 season which was when I had purchased it. As mentioned above, it recently failed to function at all. No prior notification given.

You realize that Madison would have to get the contact info for users of the app from The host site of the app, which means they would have to ask for confidential information from the host server, which is not legal to give out as it does not fall into a public information category.

As was stated above, a question was raised to Chris Komnick, and he responded right away.

There really isn't a way to simply contact the users.

While it's true that it wouldn't really be possible to notify individual users, a simple post on the Facebook page or madisonscouts.org would most certainly been possible. A simple explanation that the app was being pulled, and the reason for it, would have sufficed. It would good enough when they originally announced the availability of the app. A simple courtesy to those who purchased the app would have been appreciated, that's all.