Season 23 point update schedule

Galen

Here is this season's caption point update schedule.

Starting points: 150/120/95

1/25: 151/121/96

2/1: 152/122/97 (I'm doing the second one earlier than normal so that corps competing in the western regionals aren't excluded from having a point increase before that event)

2/15: 153/123/98

2/22: 154/124/99

3/1: 155/125/100 (Final update)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Galen:

This doesn't make sense to me:

This corps can be updated 1 times per day
The number of updates you have made in the last day is 0
This corps can be updated 1 times per week
The number of updates you have made in the last week is 1

If I am not allowed to change my captions more than 1 time per week, then isn't the prohibition on changing captions more than 1 time per day superfluous?

And personally, I would prefer at least 2 changes per week, if allowed, especially if the permitted points for caption are being increased exactly a week apart - a day or so delay on changing after the increase automatically forces a delay on changing after any other increase, due to the 1 week limit on changes.

Galen:

This doesn't make sense to me:

This corps can be updated 1 times per day

The number of updates you have made in the last day is 0

This corps can be updated 1 times per week

The number of updates you have made in the last week is 1

If I am not allowed to change my captions more than 1 time per week, then isn't the prohibition on changing captions more than 1 time per day superfluous?

And personally, I would prefer at least 2 changes per week, if allowed, especially if the permitted points for caption are being increased exactly a week apart - a day or so delay on changing after the increase automatically forces a delay on changing after any other increase, due to the 1 week limit on changes.

You are allowed to change captions one time per day, up to three captions. Which means if you updated "brass" to use up a newly allotted point, you can't then later change "visual performance" and "percussion." Even though that is within the three caption change limit, you've already used up your one change for that day.

It's a similar concept behind the one change per week. It force the player to plan the changes they want to make. In real drum corps, there is only so much time for rehearsal, so you can't just change everything every week and expect a good product.

"Fine tuning" is allowed during Championships week. If you advance from Prelims to Semis you get two caption changes, and another two if you advance from Semis to Finals.

As Kevin stated I believe the "per day" is a reference to when during Championships Week you can update a corps daily between rounds.

Now if whoever has my Open Class caption settings please change them to something else. :cool: Too many smart directors around here.

This is something that's been a bit of an issue for us for a while now based on the way the timer counts changes (which is something I have no control over). If you change captions in the middle of the week for instance, you're going to have to wait for a whole week to make more changes and possibly won't be able to take advantage of the extra point right away. Even when we do the caption point reset day when directors can make unlimited caption changes, the timer still counts your changes when the limits come back in.

A simple solution could be for a director to make a rules proposal to change how often per week captions can be changed (possibly 2 a week).

• Like 1

You know Star I thought I might have gotten your captions for Open when you said that. I probly didn't but I did notice that I'm ahead of you now so I thank who ever did. Though there aren't many above you in Open.