Allow top 6 Open Class/Class A corps in WC prelims.

Galen

Open Class/Class A in World Class Prelims  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Allow top 6 Open/Class A corps in WC prelims?

As you know, in the offseason, we approved a rule change that would allow Open Class and Class A corps to compete in the World Class prelims if there were 50 or fewer total corps registered. We are now at 63 registered corps, so it will not be feasible to allow all Open Class and Class A corps to enter the WC prelims this season. I am willing to allow a small group (the top 6 finishing corps in each division) to enter WC prelims if the directors approve this.

The poll will open now and will run through the end of the second week of the season. Active DCPI directors are eligible to vote. For this to be approved (since it is very short notice), the vote will need to pass with AT LEAST TEN directors voting "Yes"; otherwise, finals will work as they normally do.

• Like 1

I approve for the top 6 of each but I have questions about scoring that most directors would want to know.

Class A/Open Finals which is on 3/11. The scores for this show are based on actual "Finals" scores from the years we are choosing (2011-2014).. correct? And of course if a corps was chosen that did not make Finals a "generated" score based on Semis or Prelims results would be used.

So the scoring for ClassA/Open class corps in World Prelims (3/12) would all be "generated" scores?

It would be based on the prelms scores from that season.

So you're saying that the Prelim show (3/12) will be based on Prelim scores for all corps. That makes sense.

My confusion and I want this to be clear to all directors before the season starts is how is the scoring working for the 3/10 and 3/11 shows for ClassA/Open?

Sorry I wasn't clear- it'll look like this:

Open/A prelims: Real-life Prelims scores

Open/A finals: Real-life finals scores

World prelims: Real-life Prelims scores

World semis: Real-life Semis scores

World finals: Real-life finals scores

Even though the real-life finals scores will be used twice, they won't be a total predictor since there will be generated scores in play and they will not be the same number both days.

Sorry I wasn't clear- it'll look like this:

Open/A prelims: Real-life Prelims scores

Open/A finals: Real-life finals scores

World prelims: Real-life Prelims scores

World semis: Real-life Semis scores

World finals: Real-life finals scores

Even though the real-life finals scores will be used twice, they won't be a total predictor since there will be generated scores in play and they will not be the same number both days.

Perfect. Thanks so much for clarifying the scoring.

I voted yes since it seems to follow what DCI is doing with World prelims. Smaller classes have their championship and then get a chance to perform with the big boys.

I vote yes

A big yes from me for top 6.

• 2 weeks later...

The poll will run through noon tomorrow, although at this point it has more than enough votes to pass.