The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

21 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

This was in The Academy's D2 Championship show which I LOVE.  I've played a band transcription of it that was a blast.  Can't really hear anyone outside Madison Scouts playing it right now.  

Are we allowed now on DCP to post music from youtube ? If so, that's refreshing news to me, as my understanding from the long standing link on DCP above that the DCP guidelines espressly prohibits this.. due to their concerns with licensing, and potential issues with artists, youtube, etc.. But this thread is filled with several music pieces linked from YouTube for hours and days on end, so there must have been a change in the DCP guidelines, but none of the mods here told us of such change in the rules here. I kind of like the liberalization and the relaxing of the rules on this, particularly here in a season where there is hardly any music releases at all from the Corps/

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, BRASSO said:

Are we allowed now on DCP to post music from youtube ? If so, that's refreshing news to me, as my understanding from the long standing link on DCP above that the DCP guidelines espressly prohibits this.. due to their concerns with licensing, and potential issues with artists, youtube, etc.. But this thread is filled with several music pieces linked from YouTube for hours and days on end, so there must have been a change in the DCP guidelines, but none of the mods here told us of such change in the rules here.

I thought so?  If not I've been doing lots of no nos on this thread.  :ninja:

Edited by DrumManTx

16 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I thought so?  If not I've been doing lots of no nos on this thread.  :ninja:

Yes, I noticed. You probably were not aware of the rules that once prohibited this, but now its ok to post all these now. Either that, or things have been so quiet here of late, that all the mods simply left their posts, or maybe fell sound asleep at the keyboard due to the lack of traffic now on here. Is snoring permitted on DCP, by the way, anybody still remaining on here know ? Corps that now live in isolation and secrecy lockdown mode in the off season have now driven fans to other pursuits now. I hope all the lost fans come back when all the Corps are ready for them to come back. My guess, some will never return however. Like the wise old adage cautions us...  " out of sight,.. out of mind ".

Edited by BRASSO

"High risk, high reward" is the phrase that comes to mind when I think of these two pieces. Both are very ambiguous in terms of meter and tempo, but if either is arranged well, it could become the highlight of the show.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, StarOrg said:

I want to thank all that have posted here and linked music. This has become my daily music channel of late. Too many favs to mention. 

I agree.

It's nice at work to just click on some random stuff I've never heard before. Anything that's really great percussion-wise is especially good for me since I know so little about it. 

• Like 1