The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

a VERY unusual arrangement of Faure's "Pavane" with Maureen McGovern (soprano voice) as a soloist. 

Every corps with a "blue" in the name could do cool things with it if they could find a good featured soloist. 

With the way today's corps are just blazing through fast runs and challenging articulations, I'm waiting for a corps to have the stones to take on one of the most legendary pieces in classical music history.

Just think of what Crown could do with this!!

• Like 2

And another thing...

Dvorak's Symphonic Variations. One of his most underrated works. There's a ton of tasty material in here with a recurring motif that could easily draw a whole show together... but how about that barnburner of a finale? Go to 18:30 to start the last four vigorous minutes.

18 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

Dvorak's Symphonic Variations. One of his most underrated works. There's a ton of tasty material in here with a recurring motif that could easily draw a whole show together... but how about that barnburner of a finale? Go to 18:30 to start the last four vigorous minutes.

I can envision PR doing the ending.  Ove the years they have nicely written the drill to seperate the various voices.

37 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

And another thing...

Dvorak's Symphonic Variations. One of his most underrated works. There's a ton of tasty material in here with a recurring motif that could easily draw a whole show together... but how about that barnburner of a finale? Go to 18:30 to start the last four vigorous minutes

Great choice. My favorite tune of Dvorak's is his violin concerto. Which leads me to think... corps have a surprisingly sparse history with violin concertos. I could see the soloist stuff not translating well, but some have great melodies.

That beginning tho.

Also love the melodies in the third movement Sibelius violin concerto.